`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Betts leaving Boston?

RE: Betts leaving Boston?
(02-06-2020, 01:12 PM)sshissler Wrote: Please realize that this is a comment coming from a Tampa Bay Rays fan, so your mileage may vary... the new chief baseball officer in Boston is the former Rays Sr VP of Baseball Ops, Chaim Bloom. When you analyze most trades that Tampa has made over the years, you always seemed to ask yourself, "how is that going to work out in our favor?" But in the end, it almost always worked out in the Rays favor. I realize this is a whole different level with Betts, but I'd say check back later and you might be surprised.
If Brusdar Graterol becomes a starter or closer, and if Brusdar Graterol can consistently throw 100mph for a strike or near strike, and if Brusdar Graterol can put fear in the heart of the Red Sox opponents, and if Brusdar Graterol passes his medical exam that is currently delaying the deal, I will agree with you. The book is still out on Verdugo.

(02-06-2020, 09:58 AM)jbissell Wrote: I dont know. Riley Greene is kind of an exciting prospect...
I hope so! I honestly have never heard of him though. But I am flat-out bored of the never-ending "top prospect" lists that just simply reset every season with most of them ending up as average at best major league players. I'm also tired of the perpetual "who's the next Trout" routine. It's all hype until proven otherwise. I do agree with the 49ers analogy RJ, and I'm also glad to hear they are moving back toward position guys in the draft - which I wasn't even aware of.

I do think Verdugo is a decent, high-energy player with possible all-star potential if he puts it all together. With Betts I think he would have been going to LA anyway and won't be surprised if he signs with them before the off season. People somehow forget Price has only had 2 subpar seasons since 2009 and seems to have found confidence in the postseason with a title to prove it.

@btrav13 - It sure does look like the Sox are shell shocked and throwing in the towel on the season before spring training even starts. I wonder what player moral is like over there? Verdugo could help in that regard I guess based on how he was in LA's dugout. Losing takes it's toll on guys though, it could be a long season. Or they could rally around it all, surprise everyone and make the playoffs.

I like that the Twins are not allowing themselves to be bullied into giving up more.

(02-09-2020, 04:08 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I like that the Twins are not allowing themselves to be bullied into giving up more.
Indeed! Im pretty impressed with the trade overall from the Twins' perspective.

(02-06-2020, 12:20 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: They've got a few position players in the pipeline now ... Deatherage, Cameron, Quintana, Lipcius, Packard, the catchers Johnson and Morgan ...
Will be exciting to see what we get with the first pick this summer. I hoping Torkelson.

(02-10-2020, 11:20 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Will be exciting to see what we get with the first pick this summer. I hoping Torkelson.
He's from my neck of the woods, that would be awesome.

Yeah, it would be great to add a legit middle of the order hitter.

Seriously, when was the last time we drafted one that made the majors?

Castellanos? Even he wasn't really a 3-4 hitter.