`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatly Reducing Inventory

Greatly Reducing Inventory
I've been a collector, off and on, for over 50 years. I'm at a stage in my life that I've decided I want to greatly reduce the number of cards I have in my closet and in binders. I have over 250,000 cards and am interested in reducing my inventory by at least 25% over the next year.

I've tried taking cards to local auction houses, but $5.00 listing fees aren't in my best interest. I've also tried eBay. I recently sold a 750-count box of cards worth over $240 for 99 cents (also not in my best interest). I'm not looking for anything NEAR book value in my trades. I'm willing to settle for a LOT less if someone wants to purchase. If someone wants to trade, I'm looking for someone to make an offer of a low number of higher value cards for a higher number of lesser value cards. Because of that, I'm not expecting equal value overall. I'm not crazy! I want to find traders who want to negotiate (e.g., my 700-count box worth $250 for 10 cards worth X). I'm willing to try to include favorite players or teams.

I'm starting with lower-value cards and sets. First off, I'm looking to trade away cards that have a value less than $1.00 Beckett high value. I'm willing to provide an overall list of all the cards in the lot I'm working with. I'm going to have a box ready for negotiation within the next week or so. If anyone is interested, please contact me and I'll include you on an email thread where you can receive the overall list of cards....and maybe make me an offer.

I know this isn't the kind of offer that 95% of you are looking for. I'm looking to talk to the other 5% that want to build their collection a bit.