`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC stands for personal collection, not public concensus

RE: PC stands for personal collection, not public concensus
You are a wise man. I will send you a PM later. Thanks.

(12-16-2019, 05:16 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I cannot see that which is hidden.

I collect Judge because he has a Yankees uniform. The others I'll pick up at a show if the price is right...because I can trade them for Yankees. I have zero interest in "investing." Investing in cards, at least new cards, is a fool's game. Even if the price goes up on one, 100 others are unsaleable at any price.

I lived through the 80's and 90's boom. Really thought those McGwire, Clemens, and Bonds rookies would sell for more than a couple dollars now...but it taught me that cards are investments in fun, not part of my retirement strategy.

I don't collect any of those players, but I DO totally respect them AND their fans. I have stacks of all of 'em for sale/trade. I collect specific cards to finish rainbows, parallels, variations,Ben Zobrist, Adrian Beltre, Jorge Soler, Sammy Sosa, George Brett and Bo Jackson. And ALL Cubbies!! Wow, that list got long. If anyone who collects any of the players mentioned here, or pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE from real vintage (50's, 60's, 70's) to the newest products and players/teams/prospects PLEASE let me know! PM me and you wont be sorry, I ALWAYS gave and will give more then necessary. Awesome topic, thank you, and some very intelligent comments. So thanks to all

(12-19-2019, 02:45 AM)ceylan00 Wrote: I don't collect any of those players, but I DO totally respect them AND their fans. I have stacks of all of 'em for sale/trade. I collect specific cards to finish rainbows, parallels, variations,Ben Zobrist, Adrian Beltre, Jorge Soler, Sammy Sosa, George Brett and Bo Jackson. And ALL Cubbies!! Wow, that list got long. If anyone who collects any of the players mentioned here, or pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE from real vintage (50's, 60's, 70's) to the newest products and players/teams/prospects PLEASE let me know! PM me and you wont be sorry, I ALWAYS gave and will give more then necessary. Awesome topic, thank you, and some very intelligent comments. So thanks to all
I have 115 Soler cards for trade, all in a Cubs uniform. Probably another 125 of Sosa for trade as well.

(12-14-2019, 10:24 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I was going through one of my PC binders today to put up some cards for trade and a thought hit me...

Am I the only collector on this site that does NOT collect any of the following MLB players:

Mike Trout
Aaron Judge
Ronald Acuna Jr
Vladimir Guerrero Jr
Pete Alonso

Nothing wrong with collecting any of these guys...they just don't grab my attention for the teams they represent.

(I do have some as part of a complete product set)
You are not alone, They all wear the wrong Uniforms for me! Those guys make great trade bait, but I'm sticking to my Red Sox.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.