`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on National Convention Cards?

Thoughts on National Convention Cards?
Looking around Ebay I see a lot of cards Im interested in that have the "National Sports Collectors Convention" print on them.

What are your all general thoughts on them? For example, if a card is a Topps Chrome #2 of 50 or whatever is it 50 of the National Convention cards along with the same normal Topps Chrome 50? Are they considered better or worse than a normal Topps Chrome? Just getting back into the hobby and so much is different, you all have been big helps here.

RE: Thoughts on National Convention Cards?
I have no idea but since Beckett does not price them I assume they are less common and worth at least 2 times the value.

Ok thanks Kerryandbeth. I think you have answered every one of my questions on cards! Awsome knowledge and I really appriciate it.

If you had a choice between the same card, one normal and one with the National Convention stuff on it for same price would you pick the Convention one? Im not necessarily doing it for value, Im trying to get as close to a Chrome rainbow as I can and the National Convention cards keep popping up. Dont want to get into a bidding war for something rare that will just jack up the price.

Well, since they are given out free at the National Convention to the attendees and some purchases, they should not be high priced...once again, IMO.

Ok, thanks again for the info

If I had the opportunity to choose between a Topps Chrome card and the same card stamped with National Convention on it I would definitely choose the NC card simply because I don't see as many of those and it would be easier for me to find the regular card in the future. I've never been to a National Convention but I do have cards in my collection that have been there.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html