`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go again

Here we go again
A couple of years ago i opened a pack and found a dual auto redemption of Billy Williams and Andre Dawson both HOF's. I waited several years for the card and finally gave up and accepted a replacement. I was obviously hoping for 2 HOF's of equal talent. Instead I got a Clint Frazier auto. Now I have 2 autos of a triple A player that will never see the HOF unless he buys a ticket to get in. So let's fast forward to this year. I opened a pack of 2018 Archives and got another redemption. This one is ever better. Brooks Robinson / Jim Palmer 1 of 1. I looked at the topps web site and now they have the card as Request Sub. instead of processing. I can't win. I know if I request another Sub. I am going to get screwed with a Brandon Belt auto (not to pick on my beloved Giants). Now I know why people hate dealing/buying from Topps......
That's my vent for today.........Where have you gone Jim Ray Hart.....
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

RE: Here we go again
Topps= Sucks at Redemptions

My famous story ... back in '99-00 I pulled an Allen Iverson auto redemption out of a box of Series 2 Topps basketball.

He was one of my very favorite players of all time so I was pretty stoked, not to mention the fact that it was the last Christmas present my grandparents ever sent me.

Long story short, after about a year and a half of phone calls and BS emails - "he's coming in next week to sign" - I got replacements of three scrub autos and three scrub jersey cards.

When I called to let them know this was unacceptable, they said it was "equal replacement."

(10-18-2019, 03:01 PM)corbin21 Wrote: A couple of years ago i opened a pack and found a dual auto redemption of Billy Williams and Andre Dawson both HOF's. I waited several years for the card and finally gave up and accepted a replacement. I was obviously hoping for 2 HOF's of equal talent. Instead I got a Clint Frazier auto. Now I have 2 autos of a triple A player that will never see the HOF unless he buys a ticket to get in. So let's fast forward to this year. I opened a pack of 2019 Heritage and got another redemption. This one is ever better. Brooks Robinson / Jim Palmer 1 of 1. I looked at the topps web site and now they have the card as Request Sub. instead of processing. I can't win. I know if I requesst another Sub. I am going to get screwed with a Brandon Belt auto (not to pick on my beloved Giants). Now I know why people hate dealing/buying from Topps......
That's my vent for today.........Where have you gone Jim Ray Hart.....
I was waiting for a 2018 High Tek redemption of Rafael Devers. After 3 months the Request Sub button showed up, but I waited another month before finally hitting it. After another 5 weeks the Devers original redemption showed up! So, you just never know...

The request Sub shows up as a default option for those not willing to wait after 3 months.
If I needed to wait a year+ for a Robinson/Palmer 1/1 ... I'd wait!
Request Sub does not mean that it ain't happening ... it just ain't happening for a while.
My Ty Cobb relic was a 2+ year wait ... well worth it since it's a beautiful low # card and I'd probably never spend the money on one. So for the cost of a blaster, I have an awesome relic card.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I waited close to 2 years for a nolan ryan/weaver dual auto #d/5 redemption. I would never accept a replacement for something like what you describe.
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have

I agree with the community, wait on this one. This is a card that is worth the wait even if it takes a couple of years.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I'm still waiting on a Bellinger auto redemption from 2017. =\ I really don't want to request a substitution for it.

It isn't just Topps, though. I've been screwed by Panini on some redemptions, too. Redemptions just stink, end of story.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(10-20-2019, 12:52 PM)hempick Wrote: I'm still waiting on a Bellinger auto redemption from 2017. =\ I really don't want to request a substitution for it.

It isn't just Topps, though. I've been screwed by Panini on some redemptions, too. Redemptions just stink, end of story.
The funny thing is I've always received what I was supposed to from Panini, so I'm good with them.

I once pulled an expired redemption out of a Target mixer and they still sent me this a week later:

[Image: KobeAuto_zpsdf59cb18.jpg]

(it's a Kobe Bryant auto from 2010-11 Donruss, despite photobucket's weak a-- effort to blur it out.)

The closest I came to being unhappy with Panini was this summer when I sent some damaged cards from a basketball jumbo pack back to them for replacements. One of the damaged cards was a relatively hard to pull Luka Doncic RC.

Even though they didn't replace the damaged cards, they still sent out an on-card jersey auto of Nikola Jokic, one of the best players in the NBA.

So at least they technically exceeded what they were supposed to do, to, you know, try to make it up to the customer.

Topps, not so much.

(10-21-2019, 10:18 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The funny thing is I've always received what I was supposed to from Panini, so I'm good with them.
I once pulled an expired redemption out of a Target mixer and they still sent me this a week later:
[Image: KobeAuto_zpsdf59cb18.jpg]
(it's a Kobe Bryant auto from 2010-11 Donruss, despite photobucket's weak a-- effort to blur it out.)
The closest I came to being unhappy with Panini was this summer when I sent some damaged cards from a basketball jumbo pack back to them for replacements. One of the damaged cards was a relatively hard to pull Luka Doncic RC.
Even though they didn't replace the damaged cards, they still sent out an on-card jersey auto of Nikola Jokic, one of the best players in the NBA.
So at least they technically exceeded what they were supposed to do, to, you know, try to make it up to the customer.
Topps, not so much.
Yeah, sometimes Panini did the right thing! Had about 6-7 redemptions that I was waiting over 14 months to get signed. I got someone that put them all together and traded them out for a Kris Bryant Prizm Auto ... which at the time was a fair deal for both of us .. today, that Bryant far exceeded the value of the 6 or 7 prospects/scrubs that never signed. It's right about then when they started doing those damned point cards ... I feel slightly responsible Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-21-2019, 03:49 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, sometimes Panini did the right thing! Had about 6-7 redemptions that I was waiting over 14 months to get signed. I got someone that put them all together and traded them out for a Kris Bryant Prizm Auto ... which at the time was a fair deal for both of us .. today, that Bryant far exceeded the value of the 6 or 7 prospects/scrubs that never signed. It's right about then when they started doing those damned point cards ... I feel slightly responsible Smile
I'd be OK with the Rewards points if they:

- Offered cards that were from the same product you just bought
- Didn't charge for shipping