`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INDUSTRY SUMMIT AND THE REGISTRY- UPDATE

INDUSTRY SUMMIT AND THE REGISTRY- UPDATE
As many know the registry has been a MAJOR source of personal frustration to me and many others the last 8 years. Particularly frustrating was the lack of priority on fixing it. Management changes and such occurred and back burner it went.

Well this year for the first time in 7 years I was able to personally attend the Industry Summit and speak directly to Jeromy Murray for well over an hour about it.

Today they made some initial changes that I'll talk about once I battle test them later on this weekend. These initial changes are designed to fix multiple issues

a) Basic registry- did not work properly and would chose items you can't grade ( master registry did this as well). Been informed the basic registry tab is fixed. I'll check that out myself tomorrow morning and let all know. Its a simple test and easily checkable. Go ahead and test yourself if you care to and email me your findings to my jeffv96masters@gmail.com address.

b) OPG tie in- been some issues here I wont discuss yet but there were internal database issues that I have work arounds for now. Will advise once fixed

I hope to further advise registry people on my testing results. IF -- and thats a big IF- I get this part fixed I'll be working down a list of projects designed to replace / repair that old-- ahem-- non functional registry.

Jeff

RE: INDUSTRY SUMMIT AND THE REGISTRY- UPDATE
Awesome, thanks Jeff for continuing to fight the good fight!

OK folks tested this appears to be working acceptably. I have provided them a 2nd fix to work on

Old registry we could add a card we owned and create multiple registries as long as we owned that card
New systems not allowing. I am asking them to fix this function

If your having a specific registry issue right now email me at my jeffv96masters@gmail.com address so I can look up what the issue is please and fix it or get a solution begun.

Jordan good to see you back working on the registry of yours always appreciated seeing those pickups
Jeff

Again please send ANY issues your having with a registry to me at my jeffv96masters@gmail.com email. Currently working on some past requests so hang in those that did.

jeff

Fixing 7guns issue - anyone else have any they need looked at to see why they are not going in properly ???

Jeff

Jeff,

Is there going to ever be a way to have them add the serial numbers that were deleted/lost a few years ago? I have many 1956 Topps that can't be entered because of that issue. My guess is the only way to do that is have someone at Beckett manually enter them as people send a scan of the card.

Originally you said they had no interest in dealing with this. It hurts them if anyone attempts to sell card and someone looks up serial number and it shows it doesn't exist or error. Perhaps they offer a resale/relabel offer for those cards?

Thanks!

Todd

(01-21-2020, 09:18 AM)promodeltodd Wrote: Jeff,

Is there going to ever be a way to have them add the serial numbers that were deleted/lost a few years ago? I have many 1956 Topps that can't be entered because of that issue. My guess is the only way to do that is have someone at Beckett manually enter them as people send a scan of the card.

Originally you said they had no interest in dealing with this. It hurts them if anyone attempts to sell card and someone looks up serial number and it shows it doesn't exist or error. Perhaps they offer a resale/relabel offer for those cards?

Thanks!

Todd
Sadly Todd the only work around I've found for the data crash items is a re-slab where the new numbers are assigned with grades. They changed the database setup on the back end- nothing they can do to fix past mistakes that were missed and data crashes that weren't obvious at the time.

I usually just spend the $5 myself and re-slab. I know that's not the answer anyone wants to hear its just the only solution I see on the front end ( getting it to show in registry).

jeff

More work being done folks including some checklist tie ins. Keep the issues coming to my jeffv96masters@gmail.com email address answering when I can works been busy.

A few I've been able to get OPG updates done on, some required entire checklists to get imported among other issues. If your a gaming person- sorry that's slow going BGS is just behind the curb on that stuff.

The rest just keep emailing slowly getting stuff done. If I have my way may change how stuff looks in registry but trying to get it working correctly comes before semantics.

Jeff

jeffv96masters Wrote: As many know the registry has been a MAJOR source of personal frustration to me and many others the last 8 years. Particularly frustrating was the lack of priority on fixing it. Management changes and such occurred and back burner it went.

Well this year for the first time in 7 years I was able to personally attend the Industry Summit and speak directly to Jeromy Murray for well over an hour about it.

Today they made some initial changes that I'll talk about once I battle test them later on this weekend. These initial changes are designed to fix multiple issues

a) Basic registry- did not work properly and would chose items you can't grade ( master registry did this as well). Been informed the basic registry tab is fixed. I'll check that out myself tomorrow morning and let all know. Its a simple test and easily checkable. Go ahead and test yourself if you care to and email me your findings to my jeffv96masters@gmail.com address.

b) OPG tie in- been some issues here I wont discuss yet but there were internal database issues that I have work arounds for now. Will advise once fixed

I hope to further advise registry people on my testing results. IF -- and thats a big IF- I get this part fixed I'll be working down a list of projects designed to replace / repair that old-- ahem-- non functional registry.

Jeff

Jeff why the Teeny/Tiny type style on your main messages? I hit
 the reply and here it is ok.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Like usual Brian someone went and made changes and didn't warn the rest of us. The usual total disregard for the customer base it serves. I've gone back and will start modifying all my prior posts and taking out the size upgrade quotes I used to add to see my own stuff.