`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bout those Record setting Twins

How bout those Record setting Twins
It has gotten to a point where October in Minnesota is tough, First you have Frost (at least up north where I am Kerry probably is safe for a while yet) Then of course there is the Vikings with far to many disappointing seasons to retain me as a fan. I continue to be a Twins fan (shared with the Giants but suspect I will never have to worry about a shared world series) and I can't help but feel a sense of doom if the Yankees are in the mix...15 straight playoff loses...12 to the Yankees.
Mind you there were a few things to get excited about this season and I really did not think they would win the division.

Still holding on...Tomorrow is another day

RE: How bout those Record setting Twins
This postseason has been especially painful. I hope the Twins can avoid the sweep, but thats about all I can hope for now.

I said in late June "if the Twins have the best record in baseball by All-Star Break that would be good enough for me".

Then in August "if the Twins make the playoffs that would be good enough".

Then in mid-September "I just want the Twins to win the division". Now, I just want them to win a playoff game at home!
(10-06-2019, 03:16 PM)mistral38 Wrote: It has gotten to a point where October in Minnesota is tough, First you have Frost (at least up north where I am Kerry probably is safe for a while yet)
I mowed today in short sleeves and got rwo mosquito bites!

(10-06-2019, 08:26 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I said in late June "if the Twins have the best record in baseball by All-Star Break that would be good enough for me".

Then in August "if the Twins make the playoffs that would be good enough".

Then in mid-September "I just want the Twins to win the division". Now, I just want them to win a playoff game at home!
I mowed today in short sleeves and got rwo mosquito bites!
I am trying to stay positive ....forecast here is sunny and mid 60's maybe grill a couple brats and listen to the game Go Twins!

Pitching should be a top priority in the off season no matter what happens the remainder of the playoffs. I am okay with giving up one of our current outfielders (Kepler or Rosario or Gonzalez) in exchange for a young but talented starting pitcher. Then we can bring in one of our young but talented prospects to join the outfield and still be productive overall.

It could be worse. You could be a Tigers fan like me.

(10-07-2019, 10:23 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Pitching should be a top priority in the off season no matter what happens the remainder of the playoffs. I am okay with giving up one of our current outfielders (Kepler or Rosario or Gonzalez) in exchange for a young but talented starting pitcher. Then we can bring in one of our young but talented prospects to join the outfield and still be productive overall.
Yeah, although it makes for an interesting human interest story, recruiting Uber drivers may not be a successful strategy moving forward. Smile
Sorry to pile on. I'm not gloating, I'm very empathetic.
Like I said, whomever comes through the playoffs ... they still need to face Verlander, Cole & Greinke ... rinse and repeat. Regular season can get you though personal pitching problems/ hitting problems ... 5 game playoffs, 7 game championships ... not so much. Your weaknesses are exposed and exploited and your strengths (if any) need to be accentuated to their maximum. Houston, we've got a problem ... and you're it! Smile
The Twins should be able to break the infamous streak at home, Severino is still in spring training mode. Game 4 against Paxton might be slightly tougher, and if there's a game 5, Tanaka is pretty good at home. Unfortunately, both Twins and Yankees are Home-field disadvantaged against the 'Stros.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I appreciate your graciousness Doc!

Once game 2 got out of hand, I made the mistake of reading my favorite Twins Twitter blogs, and looking at the comments while my emotions were extremely raw. A Yankee fan started chirping and my potty mouth started spewing like crazy, which is something I dont normally do on Twitter.

Im only human.... LOL!!

I said "Go Red Sox!"

and away they went.Undecided
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-07-2019, 12:39 PM)jbissell Wrote: I appreciate your graciousness Doc!

Once game 2 got out of hand, I made the mistake of reading my favorite Twins Twitter blogs, and looking at the comments while my emotions were extremely raw. A Yankee fan started chirping and my potty mouth started spewing like crazy, which is something I dont normally do on Twitter.

Im only human.... LOL!!
It's easy for emotions to let you (not you, in particular ... the universal you) get out of control. Luckily for me, I can stay pretty even handed and steady under adverse conditions. Once, way back in 1995, the Yanks had their hands full during a playoff against Seattle. Watching the game at a bowling alley bar (it was only on satellite TV) a Mariners fan was doing EVERYTHING to get into a fight with me. After several discouraging reactions, he set his sights on an easier target and got into the fight he wanted and proceeded to get thrown out by one of the largest humans I've ever seen in person.
Anyway, my rival team is my 'enemy' not their fans.
Keep Calm and Carry On! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.