`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If You Have 20 Minutes To Watch 10k Worth Of Breaks...

If You Have 20 Minutes To Watch 10k Worth Of Breaks...
So I use Layton Sports Cards for all my online breaks. Last night was personal's only. I don't know much about football, but I'm sure you folks will appreciate this:

Joey F starts his personals with a $1,300 box of Flawless Collegiate and Opulence. Skip the Opulence and go straight to the Flawless. INSANE case.

https://youtu.be/XVmg9QVDkDs

Then, with his apparent good luck from THAT Flawless box he turns around a bit later and buys ANOTHER Flawless for $1,300

https://youtu.be/yzp3O8A4swE

Apparently still riding his wave of good luck, he bites the bullet and the FINAL purchase after that is a $6,500 Tristar Brady Box.

https://youtu.be/EcBJSyuqOzo

Dude dropped $10,000 plus tax last night. But if you're a football fan you'll love these videos.

RE: If You Have 20 Minutes To Watch 10k Worth Of Breaks...
Those are nuts. Come a long way from wax packaging.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Kinda hope Joey is a Michigan fan
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

Some observations here from a guy completely at the other end of the collecting spectrum, i.e., the occasional blaster at Target.

- My man was making me nervous with that knife
- Poor Marvin Bagley cannot for the life of him figure out how to sign his name the same way twice
- If I pulled a redemption card from a $1,300 box, I would personally fly to Texas and put a flaming poo bag on Panini's doorstep
- Maybe those $1,300 "boxes" would cost less if, I don't know, they didn't come in metal suitcases?
- I don't understand the Flawless concept ... so you don't know if you're going to get a "theme" box ahead of time? For example, I despise Ohio State. I wouldn't pay $100 for those cards
- I think Dwayne Haskins signed the jersey patch by mistake ... if you look at the serial number on that card, it's 1/10 ... the Panini rep was probably like, "No, Dwayne, sign down here" on the last nine cards, LOL
- The best value seems to be the Brady box ... although after the first envelope was a helmet and the second envelope was a jersey, I was like, what's next, a ball? Yep

To each his own, I guess.

(09-24-2019, 10:46 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Some observations here from a guy completely at the other end of the collecting spectrum, i.e., the occasional blaster at Target.

- My man was making me nervous with that knife
- Poor Marvin Bagley cannot for the life of him figure out how to sign his name the same way twice
- If I pulled a redemption card from a $1,300 box, I would personally fly to Texas and put a flaming poo bag on Panini's doorstep
- Maybe those $1,300 "boxes" would cost less if, I don't know, they didn't come in metal suitcases?
- I don't understand the Flawless concept ... so you don't know if you're going to get a "theme" box ahead of time? For example, I despise Ohio State. I wouldn't pay $100 for those cards
- I think Dwayne Haskins signed the jersey patch by mistake ... if you look at the serial number on that card, it's 1/10 ... the Panini rep was probably like, "No, Dwayne, sign down here" on the last nine cards, LOL
- The best value seems to be the Brady box ... although after the first envelope was a helmet and the second envelope was a jersey, I was like, what's next, a ball? Yep

To each his own, I guess.
*LOL I've thought the same thing on that box cutter

*I think part of the problem is the lack of teaching cursive anymore. I know they don't in Oklahoma Public Schools mainly because they're switching every student over to Chrome books or iPads.

*I'm surprised with these all being brand new players in the NFL for the most part, that there aren't MORE redemptions

*I jokingly told Joey last night that $300 of the $1300 was specifically for the case

*No you don't. They are random. The cases that have no team logo are a mix of schools. Two nights ago they got an Alabama case. So with you not knowing until you get the seal off, it's just a random shot in the dark that you get a blend or a single team

*Someone asked if that 1/20 being signed in both places would add or subtract value because everyone believed it to be a mistake. There was about a 50/50 split on "accident and loss of value" and "doesn't matter, it'll make it worth more". I think writing on the patch kind of messed up the point of it being a patch auto

*So there were only 20 Tristar Brady boxes made. Somehow Layton got their hands on 3 of them. The last one is getting opened in a massive football mixer this coming up Sunday night. Now that we've seen two opened we are pretty certain it's a helmet, jersey and ball. However, the inscriptions are all different. Some say "we're still here", other's he's written the dates of the game the ball was used and his stats. The first mixer where a Brady box was involved a friend of mine got the helmet and it was a 1/1. That one last night was a 1/3. So even though it's the "same thing" it's different. Last night's jersey was blue. The last mixer the jersey was white. Also the first helmet was signed ink black in and last night's in red.
So with Flawless there are only 10 cards. But the highest serial number is 25. They divide the 1300/25 and you can spend $52 to get a left side serial number. Since it was only $52 I did one because A) it was cheap B) those are kind of fun to watch and C) I don't know anything about football so it was a fun thing to do that was different.

I drew number 13. The very last card was a 13/20 rookie patch auto of Dwayne Haskins. They tell me it's a good card and player haha. I had no idea.

I did buy one more two nights ago and drew number 14 and got nothing. But the majority of the box was /10 or /15. I think there were only 2 /25 cards. So if you get a high left side serial it's not good odds. But only 10/25 are going to get something anyway and that's with no left side serial coming up twice. But it's an awful cheap way to get a shot at a very expensive product.

I'd be into it more if they were game used patches, not player worn crap. For that price, they need to give more. Added the videos to my watch list for later Smile