`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards for Kids -- Where?

Cards for Kids -- Where?
Ronald McDonald House turned me down. Little League does not want any unknown adults hanging around the kids. My kids are adults and never wanted them.

So, where do others donate their lower value cards?

[I gave to a kids camp this summer (Garrisc) and last year to the Texas card show organizer (RichK).}

RE: Cards for Kids -- Where?
Trick or Treat?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(09-16-2019, 02:29 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [I gave to a kids camp this summer (Garrisc) and last year to the Texas card show organizer (RichK).}
Seems like your only 2 choices. Do it again, rinse & repeat as needed. Smile

For Halloween you can put together bags of cards for the kids. Some will label you 'the mean house with no candy', but some will love the cards and will remember you forever. I did cards and/or comics when I had my office and didn't want to have some parent sue me for giving their kid with a peanut allergy a Reese's or Snickers.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-16-2019, 03:03 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Seems like your only 2 choices. Do it again, rinse & repeat as needed. Smile

For Halloween you can put together bags of cards for the kids. Some will label you 'the mean house with no candy', but some will love the cards and will remember you forever. I did cards and/or comics when I had my office and didn't want to have some parent sue me for giving their kid with a peanut allergy a Reese's or Snickers.
Thanks for the Halloween suggestion. I still itemize on my tax return and was hoping to get the donation deduction, but knowing a kid is smiling is worth more.

(09-16-2019, 03:03 PM)zeprock Wrote: Trick or Treat?
Yeah, the trick is to find kids that want them, and the treat is for the US Post Office when shipped! LOL

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have taken 10s of thousands of cards to my local children's hospital over the years. So there's one more option.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(09-16-2019, 05:05 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: I have taken 10s of thousands of cards to my local children's hospital over the years. So there's one more option.
Too bad the closest one is 75 miles away...thanks for the suggestion.

I gave about 70000 to the Goodwill..30 + monster boxes..they took them..even helped me unload them and gave me a receipt..

I haven't done it in a few years, but i'm a Shriner and I have taken boxes of baseball cards to the Shriner's Crippled Children hospital

(09-16-2019, 05:23 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I gave about 70000 to the Goodwill..30 + monster boxes..they took them..even helped me unload them and gave me a receipt..
Crossed my mind but assumed the chances of getting those in the hands of kids is less likely.

(09-16-2019, 05:28 PM)cspen Wrote: I haven't done it in a few years, but i'm a Shriner and I have taken boxes of baseball cards to the Shriner's Crippled Children hospital
Yep, nothing close in my area.

[quote='kerryandbeth' pid='2698773' dateline='1568678538']
Crossed my mind but assumed the chances of getting those in the hands of kids is less likely.

I know, also give some to Children's hospital/hospital child section, but often they do not want very many and I open a lot of wax..

Someone on here said they just throw them away..so either way they are out of the house..

Selling bulk cards is ok if you have a local pick up..like Craig's list..but not much $$ to be made or break even...$5 Monster box..$50 in bulk cards at .05-.10 each and sell it for $5..might as well throw them away..last time I had a yard sale..I had 50 Monster boxes from the last 8 years for $5 ea and sold ZERO! Gave those to Goodwill.