`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty Happy with Heritage High Number Blaster!

Pretty Happy with Heritage High Number Blaster!
Friends,

My buying power has been greatly reduced over the past year, so I just bought my fourth blaster of the 2019 baseball season from the local Wally World.

Yes, a grand total of four - that used to be known as "Tuesday" back in my reign as the Retail King.

So this time it was 2019 Heritage High Number, and I was hoping to pull a Vladdy Jr. RC.

First two packs - nada.

Third pack - Byron Buxton Clubhouse Collection relic.

Fifth pack - Fernando Tatis Jr. RC, middle of the pack ...

Last card in the pack ... Vladdy Jr. RC!

[Image: Vlad.jpg]

Packs 6 & 7 - nada

At this point I was thinking, I'm supposed to get one of the cloth stickers every 8 packs.

8th and final pack - Vladdy Jr. Cloth Sticker card!

I was pretty happy with it overall.

The downside of not buying cards? Well, not buying cards.

The upside? When I do, I appreciate them a lot more than I used to.

RE: Pretty Happy with Heritage High Number Blaster!
Man congrats! Really happy for you. I still owe you for the Carters but I haven't even had time to start valuing them

Congrats & Good going, RJ! .... Heritage HN was pretty good for me, too.
Bought 2 hanging boxes (big spender, like you Smile )
Got a Vlad Jr RC in one, Tatis RC, Alonso RC, and a Ketel Marte relic in the other. Not sure which box, but also picked a Harper in his Phillies garb, which looks pretty nice. Yankees: Harvey rc, Maybin, Gardner & German
All in all ... not a bad HN set this year.
Still wish they only did the Topps Direct Heritage HN complete set w/auto!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm hoping to make trades and put the base set together if anyone has extras to swap.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(08-21-2019, 11:55 PM)btrav13 Wrote: Man congrats! Really happy for you. I still owe you for the Carters but I haven't even had time to start valuing them
No worries, sir, it's not like you're busy or anything, LOL
(08-22-2019, 12:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Congrats & Good going, RJ! .... Heritage HN was pretty good for me, too.
Bought 2 hanging boxes (big spender, like you Smile )
Got a Vlad Jr RC in one, Tatis RC, Alonso RC, and a Ketel Marte relic in the other. Not sure which box, but also picked a Harper in his Phillies garb, which looks pretty nice. Yankees: Harvey rc, Maybin, Gardner & German
All in all ... not a bad HN set this year.
Still wish they only did the Topps Direct Heritage HN complete set w/auto!
Very nice!

I was hoping to pull a Harper but did not ... but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead, LOL
(08-22-2019, 08:52 AM)zeprock Wrote: I'm hoping to make trades and put the base set together if anyone has extras to swap.
I definitely am not putting the set together, so if you end up with a Harper duplicate, PM me and I'll see if I have any of your base needs.

Thanks!

I am not into Heritage, but sounds like you got some goodies! Congrats.

(08-23-2019, 08:44 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am not into Heritage, but sounds like you got some goodies! Congrats.
Indeed. I like the Heritage stuff because of the old school card stock. Plus, when most of these original sets came out, I either wasn't born yet or wasn't collecting yet, so it's fun to open the retro wrappers and see the old designs.

And, as we all know, it's always fun to pull the No. 1 guy you are looking for, LOL

Its great when you get what you want in a box right? I too did a retail blaster of Heritage HN at Target and got a Tatis, Vlad Jr. and 2 SP's and oh an auto Real One of Chris Paddack..Smile

(08-23-2019, 05:18 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Its great when you get what you want in a box right? I too did a retail blaster of Heritage HN at Target and got a Tatis, Vlad Jr. and 2 SP's and oh an auto Real One of Chris Paddack..Smile
Very nice! Padres hot box with the Paddack auto and Tatis RC, LOL

I bought 3 of the hanger boxes at Meijer. Two of them were exactly the same cards all the way through in the exact same order with the exception of the 3-4 cards in the center which were inserts. Very upsetting.