`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan Pro Set Prototype

Michael Jordan Pro Set Prototype
Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Michael Jordan Pro-Set Prototype, I've never seen one before and from the little research I did I know there are some other cards in the limited set. Anyone have any more information on the card? To me, the stats and print on the back of the card are a little fuzzy, not sure if that was normal or not...I'm trying to upload pictures but I'm having issues at the moment.

Thanks!

RE: Michael Jordan Pro Set Prototype
(08-21-2019, 10:04 AM)mchisto0450 Wrote: Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Michael Jordan Pro-Set Prototype, I've never seen one before and from the little research I did I know there are some other cards in the limited set. Anyone have any more information on the card? To me, the stats and print on the back of the card are a little fuzzy, not sure if that was normal or not...I'm trying to upload pictures but I'm having issues at the moment.

Thanks!
Is it graded? Since you don't know much about them & if it's not graded then you need to watch out for reprints & fakes. The easiest way to tell is the borders. Not sure what you mean with the print being fuzzy. I'd need to see a pic though. What other questions do you have?

There are a TON of fakes out there now! Someone printed them up by the 10,000's and flooded the market with them.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(08-23-2019, 11:32 AM)batemanshouse Wrote: Is it graded? Since you don't know much about them & if it's not graded then you need to watch out for reprints & fakes. The easiest way to tell is the borders. Not sure what you mean with the print being fuzzy. I'd need to see a pic though. What other questions do you have?
It's not graded so it was definitely a gamble. How can you tell by the borders? The card stock to me feels good and the size of the card is the same as a card today. I'm still trying to get a picture to load but it's not working. I dont have any other questions, just hoping someone had one I could see to compare it to.

Thanks for your response! I'll work on getting a picture loaded up

Here is a pic of mine. Look at the Pro Set logo in the top left corner. On the fakes you see those close to the left borders. The space between the logo is a bit more from the left border than it is on the top. The same thing goes for the round Bulls logo on the bottom right. Do you see what I'm saying? Fakes will be closer to the border.
Hopefully you didn't buy a fake but if you did then maybe you could get a refund. Good luck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The stats and text on the back of the card should NOT be fuzzy / blurred. If you do a search on the Beckett Marketplace for Pro Set Michael Jordan, you'll see a scan of an original you can compare to your card.
The other cards in the set are: Magic, Ewing, Karl Malone, and Tom Chambers.

thank you all for your responses, I obviously should have done my homework but I bought it on a whim. The guy told me the LCS checked it out years ago; must have known it was fake because he also threw in a bunch of albums and boxes of basketball cards I have yet to really sort through.