`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 Topps Stadium Club Shane Bieber black and white SSP parrallel ERROR "Justin"

2019 Topps Stadium Club Shane Bieber black and white SSP parrallel ERROR "Justin"
Anyone interested in the black and white version Shane Bieber error card with Justin on the back? I haven't seen one on ebay yet but the red foil cards are going for over $100. This is a lot rarer than the red foil version. Black and white inserts come 1:48 hobby packs compared to 1:3 packs for the red foil. I have one of these in my possession pulled out of a hobby box.

RE: 2019 Topps Stadium Club Shane Bieber black and white SSP parrallel ERROR "Justin"
I do not think this is an SSP. I have card #72 with Justin on back. The print run is over for Stadium club, there will not be a corrected copy unless it is inserted into another product, that will be an SP. In the old days the print run continued for a long time and the errors were corrected. Hence, the ERR and COR cards you see.
The price on this card is insane for a simple error, but since is "Justin" it is $$. The think the price will correct soon when people realize that everyone has this card.
I would sell this card as soon as someone will pay for it. Prices are crashing as I write..

RE: 2019 Topps Stadium Club Shane Bieber black and white SSP parrallel ERROR "Justin"
(08-10-2019, 05:36 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I do not think this is an SSP. I have card #72 with Justin on back. The print run is over for Stadium club, there will not be a corrected copy unless it is inserted into another product, that will be an SP. In the old days the print run continued for a long time and the errors were corrected. Hence, the ERR and COR cards you see.
The price on this card is insane for a simple error, but since is "Justin" it is $$. The think the price will correct soon when people realize that everyone has this card.
I would sell this card as soon as someone will pay for it. Prices are crashing as I write..
+1
It was news worthy, so you might get a few non-collectors to pony-up some big bucks, but once the buzz on local news stops making its media-rounds on slow news days, the card will be just another card with a 'mistake' which I suspect was a purposeful inside joke at Topps.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Lol, thats funny, i have the same card. I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the Beckett pricing. There's no way that card is going to stay at that pricing lol.

(08-10-2019, 07:14 AM)Simpleton Wrote: Lol, thats funny, i have the same card. I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the Beckett pricing. There's no way that card is going to stay at that pricing lol.
The highest sale completed on ebay that I saw was $60. Most have been completed in the teens and twenties. However, I did read that Topps is not going to correct it, so it's literally every single one of his cards so it won't be rare at all. ESPN ran a article about it mentioning asking prices on ebay between 15-40 bucks, but did say that it won't hold much value other than an odd-ball item due to Topps not making a correction.