`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Bowman Platinum

2019 Bowman Platinum
Walmart stocked to the hilt this morning. Won't be a shortage to say the least.

Have read horror stories of people buying the $80 collector boxes and pulling $1-$2 autos for both autos in the box. So I grabbed 1 blaster and 3 single packs. Pulled a Yankees Anthony Seigler auto and a couple nice inserts of Acuna and Jimenez.

Also of note while Vlad Jr. does have a rookie logo card in this set there is also a top prospect card without the rookie logo so buyer beware because something tells me you're gonna see a lot of shady eBay post claiming that the prospect card is a rookie card. I'm not sure how you can even have a rookie logo and a prospect card in the same set. lol

RE: 2019 Bowman Platinum
(07-04-2019, 10:26 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Have read horror stories of people buying the $80 collector boxes and pulling $1-$2 autos for both autos in the box.
I had that happen with 2017 Platinum, so I haven't bothered with them since.

(07-04-2019, 10:26 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Also of note while Vlad Jr. does have a rookie logo card in this set there is also a top prospect card without the rookie logo so buyer beware because something tells me you're gonna see a lot of shady eBay post claiming that the prospect card is a rookie card. I'm not sure how you can even have a rookie logo and a prospect card in the same set. lol
He has a rookie and a prospect card in the same product? That's bizarre.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Picked up 3 more blasters instead of the $80 monster box.

Pulled 3 of the core 4 rookies only missing Alonso , also pulled a Trout Ice from the exclusive pack as well as a green /99 and /250 purple.

Saved $20 and pretty sure got much better results than I would have from the $80 box.

i pulled a Eloy Jimenez platinum presence rookie yesterday out of a single pack better than nothing
collecting Nolan Ryan, Jose Altuve,Rickey Henderson, Mike Trout,Ozzie Albies

I busted exactly one "jumbo" pack of 12 cards ... pulled the prospect cards of Franco and Bart, as well as the "RC" of Jimenez, so I was pretty excited.

Yeeeaaaahhhh, Topps, about that prospect versus "RC logo" thing ... let's hear it on Vlad Jr., LOL.

Two brothers walk into Wal-Mart ... they each get a blaster of Platinum.

Timmy pulls the RC logo card of Vlad.

Jimmy pulls the prospect card of Vlad.

Someone please explain to Jimmy why his brother has Vlad Jr.'s rookie card and he doesn't.

LOL

I have opened 3 blasters, 2 mega boxes, and 2 packs. So far my best hit has been a Joey Bart Ice auto /50. That one came out of one of the blasters. I am going to do the full sets including inserts, so I will probably buy a few more boxes if I can find them.
If anyone pulls any of the Prolific Power inserts, I am definitely interested in trading for them as that's going to be the hardest insert set to put together due to the long odds.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

If you pulled any TOP38 Olivares, or TOP75 Deatherage from this product I'm interested in doing a PWE trade (and can use multiples of both). Thanks!