`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19-20 Contenders Draft...

19-20 Contenders Draft...
Anyone keeping up with this madness? I watched a FOTL break yesterday and roughly 10 of the 16 cards are regular, non-rookie, NBA players. That was my first step in talking myself OUT of joining a break. I watched 4 different FOTL and every pack was like that. So now you have a bunch of cards of players in the wrong jersey.

Second is the ebay pricing. There was a Zion 4/5 auto bid up to 15,100 then it was gone. I checked again after class last night and there was a newly listed 1/5 for $99,999.95. This morning that card is also gone. If you change the ebay filter to sold or sold & completed they neither one show up there. So ebay must be cracking down on fraudulent cards pretty tightly.

What I don't get, with my new knowledge of the hobby, is why anyone would pay that much when in 5 months you're going to have (and I'm guessing here) roughly 200+ Zion variations to choose from if you really want one.

RE: 19-20 Contenders Draft...
I stopped by my local and packs were $59.99 and I simply said, no thank you. With Zion craze it may be hig prices all year. If so, I won't be buying much basketball this year.

RE: 19-20 Contenders Draft...
Packs or boxes for $59.99?

I mean, how good is he actually supposed to be?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a major basketball fan and collector and am looking forward to his stuff coming out, but if they start jacking with blaster or retail pack prices I'm definitely out too.