`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Prizm and Leather & Lumber

Another Prizm and Leather & Lumber
Ok, this time instead of my local card shop, I saw these at Target. There was a 40 card Prizm box and three 2 pack Leather and Lumber. Being as I'd just done these the other day at my local card shop, I wanted to see what retail had to offer. The first surprise was in L&L where there are many FEWER die-cuts. And by "many fewer" I mean zero.

Hits (some aren't so great) from L&L:
*Equalizers insert Trout
*Maple and Ash insert Yogi Berra (like for my PC yankees)
*Maple and Ash insert DiMaggio (like for my PC yankees)
*Dual relic wood/material Jeff McNeil auto 19/50
*Triple relic wood/wood/material David Fletcher 076/299
*Rivals double relic, on for A-Rod and one for Ortiz, both material 003/199

Prizm...just as disappointing as what I bought at the shop. I love the looks of these cards and I got LOADS of parallels, but not from retail. The only "hit" if you want to call it that is Dean Deetz auto but no serial. So maybe I should stop giving Prizm my money haha

RE: Another Prizm and Leather & Lumber
Hey, at least you didn't get any of those darned Points cards instead of a hit. That is the reason that I'm staying away from Panini this year.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Another Prizm and Leather & Lumber
(07-09-2019, 11:07 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, at least you didn't get any of those darned Points cards instead of a hit. That is the reason that I'm staying away from Panini this year.
I don't know how I feel about those. Several boxes in this year and I've only pulled one worth 150 points. From a business perspective I get what they're trying to do: drive buying traffic to their site. However, other than what you can get for rewards, buying direct from them is super super limited in what's available. They don't have a single box of baseball available for sale direct on the site now and the NBA stuff is a terrible selection. But shop owners here around OKC don't carry more than about 1-2 boxes of anything at a time.