`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all our military

To all our military
To all of our card collecting military brothers and sisters, past, present (or future) ... thanks for your service and you & your families' sacrifices on this Memorial Day ... and every day!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: To all our military
Everyone who was in the military gave something (salary, time, separation, hardships)..but some gave EVERYTHING.

I THANK all who served and HONOR those who gave their lives so I can write this today in freedom!!

GOD BLESS all the military, past and present!

I served 8 years in the US Air Force but never feel like I deserve any thanks or honor because of those who gave their lives so that I can enjoy the freedom of our country. A respectful salute is all I can give.

My son is stationed in Norfolk, Virginia and he went into the Navy as an irresponsible teen and they turned him into a responsible and dependable man with skills to last his lifetime. He's been working on helicopters and is going back to school to get his mechanical engineering degree. He's got a wife and daughter that he loves very much and cares for. The Navy turned him completely around.

God bless all our service men and women.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(05-27-2019, 07:41 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I served 8 years in the US Air Force but never feel like I deserve any thanks or honor because of those who gave their lives so that I can enjoy the freedom of our country. A respectful salute is all I can give.
8 years in service to our country is honorable and well deserving of thanks.
Anyone that puts on a uniform ( military as well as first responders ) know the potential risks involved. You don't have to give your life, but you were willing to do so ... and that is Memorial Day worthy, whether you feel it or not.
Thank you for your service!
(05-27-2019, 07:55 AM)zeprock Wrote: My son is stationed in Norfolk, Virginia and he went into the Navy as an irresponsible teen and they turned him into a responsible and dependable man with skills to last his lifetime. He's been working on helicopters and is going back to school to get his mechanical engineering degree. He's got a wife and daughter that he loves very much and cares for. The Navy turned him completely around.

God bless all our service men and women.
I always loved hiring ex-military for my office. They turn out great individuals with admirable work ethics; prompt, respectful and always gave 110%.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-27-2019, 01:22 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: 8 years in service to our country is honorable and well deserving of thanks.
Anyone that puts on a uniform ( military as well as first responders ) know the potential risks involved. You don't have to give your life, but you were willing to do so ... and that is Memorial Day worthy, whether you feel it or not.
Thank you for your service!
Thanks, Doc! It was during Desert Storm and I went to Texas to keep our KC-135 cargo planes flying supplies to the Middle East. I waa next in line to go to Kuwait but I was getting married so another guy volunteered to go on my behalf.

I too want to say thanks to all present and past veterans. Want to give special thanks to my dear friend Mary who was in the Air Force and to my dad, who was in the Army in WW2. He died before I could say thank you so I try to do it every year now.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Its belated now, but I echo the sentiments made by others here. I never served, but am eternally grateful to those who have.