`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for everyone

Question for everyone
Do major league player ever sign autos through the mail? Do star major league players ever sign autos through the mail? I ask because I sent a card to Mike Trout asking for an autograph. I sent a pre paid pre addressed envelope so all he has to do is put the card in the envelope and have someone mail it. The Angels leave after Sunday's game for a road trip and won't be back until June 6th so unless it gets to him by Saturday he won't even see it until they return home. The card is a 2014 Allen and Ginter box topper. It books for $15 so if I never see it again i'm not out a lot of money. It's an over sized card so I really didn't have a way to display it properly.

RE: Question for everyone
Yes, they sometimes sign through the mail. Trout though, will not. If he does, it'll take 6+months for him to sign and return something.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

I sent a 2012 Topps Opening Day card to him at Angels Stadium in June 2012 during his first full (rookie) season.

I got it back signed in mid-October, and it was a South Jersey postmark.

He posted on Facebook that he was catching up on fan mail the same day my envelope was postmarked.

Since then, however, I have no idea ... I read somewhere that he only signs for kids at the ballpark now, and that was also before his exclusive with Topps, so who knows.

I would say if he does still sign through the mail, don't expect it until the offseason.

He probably gets a crap ton more mail than he did back then, but you never know.

Good luck!

When I was a kid, I had a blast sending letters to players requesting their autograph! Besides writing my favorite players, I would also pull random cards out of my box and request theirs as well. Bo Jackson sent me a signed 87 Fleer Rookie Card. I also got signatures from Ellis Burks, Tony Fernandez, Mark McGwire, and Mark Grace. My all time favorite was getting a signed postcard from Steve Garvey when he was on the Padres. Very cool signature and thew in a "Best Wishes!" as well.

Fun times.

I don't know what will happen. I don't know if I will ever see that card again. If not, no real loss. But I thought it was worth the chance.

Now days I would think it gets a lot harder to get a player to sign through the mail and when you do get a card back is usually an auto pen.

Back in the early nineties when a lot of people were getting out of collecting I had a good deal of success with through the mail autographs and some bigger names as well. The biggest probably being Derek Jeter who signed a 1993 Score rookie card but also got back autographs from John Smoltz and Vlad Sr.

I'll see what happens. I will check the tracking numbers every couple of days to see if there is any progress.

I once sent a card to Rafael Palmeiro when he was with the Rangers ... I got the Palmeiro back unsigned but they "threw in" a signed Nolan Ryan postcard, LOL

I figure at the very least, he will put the card unsigned in the envelope I sent and I will get the card back. That shouldn't be too hard.

Ok the first step is complete. I checked the tracking and it was delivered. Now I wait for the next step.