`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most frustrating sets of all time

RE: The most frustrating sets of all time
There's a fun new basketball set, Status, that is a retail exclusive.

Get this ... the WalMart RCs have a different number (101-150) and picture than the Target RCs (151-200).

Fun fact - Beckett only recognizes the WalMart RCs as "rookie cards" because they appear in the "master" set first.

So if you're a kid and you buy a Target blaster and you get Luka Doncic's rookie card, bad news kid, you really don't have Luka Doncic's rookie card.

Beckett gonna Beckett, LOL

(05-24-2019, 12:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: There's a fun new basketball set, Status, that is a retail exclusive.

Get this ... the WalMart RCs have a different number (101-150) and picture than the Target RCs (151-200).

Fun fact - Beckett only recognizes the WalMart RCs as "rookie cards" because they appear in the "master" set first.

So if you're a kid and you buy a Target blaster and you get Luka Doncic's rookie card, bad news kid, you really don't have Luka Doncic's rookie card.

Beckett gonna Beckett, LOL
It is especially sucky when you consider that Target sometimes has the 20% toys and games sale (which includes sports cards) and Walmart never has sales like that, so you can potentially get the cards cheaper at Target. It would have actually been cool if they (Panini) had two completely different sets, a Walmart set and a Target set. If that were the case, Beckett would have to recognize both as RCs.

Not that I really care what Beckett thinks, anyway.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(05-22-2019, 01:33 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Small cards, mini cards, micro cards .... hard to store, harder to sort, hardest to see!
At least for less-young eyes like mine! Smile

As it is right now, unless there's a Yankee or a HOF player on them, I'll probably just send the rest as extras on trades ... any Phillies are already in a pile for Phillies_Joe Angels for Ryan, OPC for Mark and Twins are set aside for Jared (sorry K&B)! That's easier than listing them all ... I'll share the frustration with some friends Smile
If anyone has any player/team prefs let me know -(1988-1990)
Excluding all OPC, Yankees, Angels, Twins, Phillies and HOF players (who is left? Hmmm?)
I'll PWE them out ASAP and share the frustration with even more friends Smile

With one or two stickers per sticker back, and over 250 or more stickers and 250+ sticker backs, the combos could be overwhelmingly difficult to collect, albeit very inexpensive cards ... probably not worth the postage nor the effort. IMO
But some might like that kinda challenge!
Probably more cost effective to open an entire box at this point.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Try all the 1887-90 Old Judge cards some time Smile
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.