IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Leave no man, or Bowman blaster, behind

RE: Leave no man, or Bowman blaster, behind
Wow. Some great hits. Nice streak

(05-14-2019, 09:07 AM)jbissell Wrote: Regarding Vlad Jr, Im sort of shocked how quickly demand on a few of his cards has soured. He has barely been a big leaguer for a couple weeks now, and granted he's been pretty terrible. I would have thought he would get a little more benefit of the doubt from collectors though. He's awfully young.
I'm not sure if it's necessarily a souring on his cards as much as it's a souring on the prices people are trying to charge for said cards. Once he settles in, and people realize that they're asking prices might be a bit high, things will pick up again.

Or, he'll start hitting and the demand will meet the cost.
(05-13-2019, 11:29 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I must admit, you have me surprised. I have been watching the Twins since 1975 and rarely has there been a free-swinger in the organization. You know, the type that gets up there trying to hit a homerun every time, only to either pop up or strikeout or actually get a homer.
Miguel Sano and Oswaldo Arcia come to mind a bit, but nothing compared to most teams. So, you would like to change that history and get someone like Vlad Jr.? No thank you. I will take a team player any day (Rosario, Kepler, Buxton, and hopefully Kirilloff, Lewis, Rooker) over some guy trying to make a name for himself at the expense of the team.

I'll take those guys over one Vlad, for sure. I was just saying I'd take that rookie over the only Twins offensive rookie this year - Astudillo. He's got that free-swinging mentality, but doesn't have the skill to pull it off.

My hopes are highest for Kirilloff, and I'm pretty happy that he's getting reps at first right now.
Kepler

(05-15-2019, 08:46 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm not sure if it's necessarily a souring on his cards as much as it's a souring on the prices people are trying to charge for said cards. Once he settles in, and people realize that they're asking prices might be a bit high, things will pick up again.

Or, he'll start hitting and the demand will meet the cost.

I'll take those guys over one Vlad, for sure. I was just saying I'd take that rookie over the only Twins offensive rookie this year - Astudillo. He's got that free-swinging mentality, but doesn't have the skill to pull it off.

My hopes are highest for Kirilloff, and I'm pretty happy that he's getting reps at first right now.
Agreed on Kirilloff. I think he's going to be a stud. Im slightly worried about Royce Lewis, but reasonably confident he'll turn in a solid season. Im not real sold on Brent Rooker yet. Larnach? Maybe...

(05-15-2019, 08:46 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I was just saying I'd take that rookie over the only Twins offensive rookie this year - Astudillo. He's got that free-swinging mentality, but doesn't have the skill to pull it off.

Ah, I see your point now. That makes sense!

(05-11-2019, 10:20 PM)YankeeFanz23 Wrote: we got plenty here in Fresno CA I buy in rotation from three Walmarts, buy they do sell out. I can't pull anything great
Which LCS do you purchase from?