`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Collection- New Only

Starting Collection- New Only
Looking for some clarification on Topps cards. Is their any value difference in the sets as in Regular, Gypsy, opening day etc. Do most people aim for one per year? Im trying to come up with a good collection goal for each year. Im thinking.. all rookies, my fav team, and all stars? Anyone else out there just do new cards, if so what is your yearly goals.

RE: Starting Collection- New Only
Collection goals are as broad or limited as you want. I collect a team SF GIANTS. I open new stuff and trade to get my cards. I buy some cards as well and sell anything not Giants.
Some are player collectors, some team, some specific brands and make complete sets, some collect insert sets. I have some people who collect players from their state/county/town.
It really depends on your desire, interests and $$.
Good luck

Thanks for the info. Think Im going to stick to Topps Base cards for now. No more Gypsy, opening day or relic stuff. Just got a lot of packs, ill let you know if I find any nice Giants stuff. Where do most people trade? Online Site? Here Im assuming.

I am a set collector who also likes parallels and prizms/refractors. So I buy 2 or 3 products per year with the intent to go after any shortage by trading or buying singles.

I have made nearly 500 trades on this site by doing the right thing...great condition cards carefully packaged and timely mailed.

Have fun collecting and good luck.

I trade on this site as well..have over 2250 trades..let me know if you get a parallel Giants or AU..
Good luck and welcome to our community here..

I opened a Hobby Box today and got a few Giants. Ill post what I got in the morning. Im always looking for Orioles. Good thing too, since no one likes them anymore.

Thanks. Keeping it simple this year.What Im going for Orioles team anything I can get my hands on. Going to pick two insert sets per year base sets series 1 and 2 rookie cards yes I know theyre in the base set and all extra Orioles I sets relics autos I can get my hands on. Maybe all Os from every set each year if its not too much.
This year Im going for
Base set series 1 2019
Base set series 2 2019
1984 reprint 2019
Orioles All I can get my hands on.
Fortune teller 2019 GQ
I also like the 150th anniversary but may be to much for year 1

It's really up to the collector as to what they want to collect. Like the AS game, then collect all stars. Like a particular team, then collect that team. LIke only high end, the only collect high end. Like to build sets, then build sets.

Most people will bust a few things and trade their extras for their wants. Some will only buy singles and not buy any wax. Some will buy a case, break it out into teams (case breaking) and sell those teams and then break live and give every card in the set away.

It's really up to the collector. Welcome aboard.

I enjoy collecting Texas Rangers, vintage and some various RCs. I also try to build a basic Topps (Flagship) set each year.