`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
1997 Pinnacle Inside

1997 Pinnacle Inside
Found a guy selling a lot of 24 cans of 1997 Pinnacle Inside so I decided to spend a quiet night at home busting them open. It took me 30 minutes just to open all the cans. I now have a sore forearm from working my wife's can opener!

Didn't pull anything overly valuable but I did pull 3 Dueling Dugouts inserts. The McGwire/McGriff books at $30.

Still one of my all-time favorite sets. Have yet to pull a Diamond Edition insert...Confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: 1997 Pinnacle Inside
OMG I loved that set, I forgot all about that. I opened a lot of those cans. I remember making the Can set but they are long gone. I do not even remember what I may have pulled back then.

Hey Jack, last summer I too opened a bunch of those cans. My friend and her husband bought the remaining inventory from a LCS that was closing. She gave me like 70 of those cans. I pulled some of those dueling dugout cards too and they all have been long since traded away. But get this, I had all those cans taking up room in my office so I decided to take them to a local little league diamond to have the coach give them out to his players etc. Me and my cans were turned away because the cans couldnt be washed properly so as not to allow for the transfer of disease. :0 ?? Who knew? The same thing with cards. I used to take my commons to the local hospital for the kids and now they can't accept anything that can't be washed.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Holy crap...the memories. I feel all warm and fuzzy.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-27-2019, 03:21 PM)cweiland Wrote: Hey Jack, last summer I too opened a bunch of those cans. My friend and her husband bought the remaining inventory from a LCS that was closing. She gave me like 70 of those cans. I pulled some of those dueling dugout cards too and they all have been long since traded away. But get this, I had all those cans taking up room in my office so I decided to take them to a local little league diamond to have the coach give them out to his players etc. Me and my cans were turned away because the cans couldnt be washed properly so as not to allow for the transfer of disease. :0 ?? Who knew? The same thing with cards. I used to take my commons to the local hospital for the kids and now they can't accept anything that can't be washed.
The same Little League team that rejected your cans is sharing a universal batting helmet.

Lice, lice baby!