`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Back into the Hobby Questions.

Getting Back into the Hobby Questions.
Hey everyone, after about a 30 year absence from the hobby my kids noticed my old cards downstairs and well, long story short we are back in the hobby.

We even went out and bought our first ever hobby box and had fun opening the 2019 Gypsy Queen. Decent break, but nothing to brag about here. Got my kids more hooked on it and obviously me. So now we are waiting for our 2019 Bowman Hobby to come.

Questions being, I know there are many different colors to the Bowmans now, is there a hierarchy somewhere so we know what is good and what isn't? Or are they all numbered if not "paper" I guess?

Im not too worried about finding anything, just doing it to find our favorite Twins, but, dont want to ignore something if it is rare.

Also, are hobby boxes limited to what they say on the box? For example Gypsy Queen was 2 autos per box. Is it impossible or extrememy rare to get anything other than what they gaurentee?

I also have a 1984 Fleer Update Kirby Puckett, anyway to tell the authenticity of it? I know of the capital "K" in the "Did you know" on the back but other than that is there any other signs? Google search only showed me the K tip.

RE: Getting Back into the Hobby Questions.
The Bowman colors are numbered for the most part. For several years they have been Purple /250, Sky Blue /200, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, and Red /5.

As a fellow Twins collector, good luck getting some good ones!

Welcome from another Twins fan! Bowman is definitely my favorite product, as I do enjoy the prospecting aspect of the hobby.

As far as the guarantees on hobby boxes, it is rare, but sometimes, an extra hit will happen.

The 1984 Fleer Update Puckett is one of the holy grails to Twins Fans! I hope to get my hands on one eventually!

The fleet update I got as a gift so I'm worried it's a reprint. Its graded a 10, but that grading company is "suspect" from what I hear. So that is what's worrying me. Also thanks guys for the info and the well wishes. Good luck to you as well.