`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New!

New!
Hey guys! So a few weeks ago i was going through my closet & found all my old cards (nothing really great).. This has sparked my love for collecting all over again lol. I forgot how expensive this hobby can be & how addicting it is! Anyway, i came across a bunch of NBA cards i got from a sale a long time ago. Are people ever willing to trade NBA for MLB cards? Im new here on Beckett, so I'm not entirely sure how the whole trading thing works to be honest lol. I know its sometimes hard to give advice on these things, but do you guys think i would have more success trying to sell these to get money for new baseball cards, or would trading be the smart route to go? I guess it depends what cards i own of course, im just hoping to get a little insight & maybe find some people that are looking to trade for some older NBA cards!
Sorry in advance if this is kind of a confusing thread, i know i sort of rambled haha. Im excited to be back into this & hope to make some friends on here to share the love for this hobby with! Thanks guys.

RE: New!
Welcome to the group.
Trading NBA for MLB is possible and there are some on this site that collect NBA. Also post in the NBA portion of Beckett boards.

Good luck..

Welcome aboard and best of luck!
Trading tips for newbies!
You will be asked to ship first until you have built up a stellar trade reputation.
In order to do that, you must do the following ...
1) trade fairly
2) ship timely or at least keep communication with trader up to date
3) grade your cards conservatively ( don't graded a card a 9 if it's bent and should be a 3)
4) package cards safely and securely to insure protection ... if shipping in a plain white envelope, please indicate that ahead of time.

Trading MLB / MLB will be easier here, but NBA for MLB not impossible!
But you might want to go to the basketball trade forum where people might have higher interest (and value) of your NBA cards and they might underappreciate their MLB cards and trade in your favor.
I've done a couple of NFL for MLB cards that way in the past.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Personally it doesn't matter. If you have cards I need I'll mix sports when trading.

Only other advice would be don't mark cards as mint unless they are graded. Beckett adds a 25% premium to the high book value for cards marked as mint (a $1.00 book value card will show as a $1.25 card for trading purposes). Most trades are done for high book or less depending on condition unless graded. That is a little pet peeve of mine.

Otherwise, welcome. Checked quick and couldn't find anything I can use right now.

Welcome!