`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellinger

Bellinger
One of the absolute HOTTEST players in baseball right now and he doesn't get a trending up arrow in Beckett OPG? ... and they wonder why Beckett is going downhill so fast...

RE: Bellinger
(04-19-2019, 11:42 AM)usafshelland Wrote: One of the absolute HOTTEST players in baseball right now and he doesn't get a trending up arrow in Beckett OPG? ... and they wonder why Beckett is going downhill so fast...
Yeah, I noticed that too. They actually put him on their recent "Hot & Cold List", and yet nothing has moved in pricing.

In the meantime, an auto of Miguel Sano that I bought in 2016 is the exact same price as when I bought it...even after his all-star appearance and challenge to Aaron Judge in the Home Run Derby, even after his season-ending injury later that year, even after he has not played a single game this year.

We have a name for this: Indifference to the Consumer

(04-19-2019, 12:03 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, I noticed that too. They actually put him on their recent "Hot & Cold List", and yet nothing has moved in pricing.

In the meantime, an auto of Miguel Sano that I bought in 2016 is the exact same price as when I bought it...even after his all-star appearance and challenge to Aaron Judge in the Home Run Derby, even after his season-ending injury later that year, even after he has not played a single game this year.

We have a name for this: Indifference to the Consumer
Topps Update RC for Bellinger is $2.00 and trending DOWN?!?! What the ...

Doesnt Beckett base their pricing and trends on how cards are selling either on eBay, at LCS's and other sources used to determine supply and demand? While Im not 100% certain of this, I dont think Beckett bases their trends on Beckett's analysis on how a player is currently doing.

They collect sales data supposedly..but who knows some cards are stuck on high prices for years and then you can buy them for 10% of Beckett..it is weird...some things do not make sense....however..if you strongly feel that the cards are going up and up..now is the time to pick some up here on trade or COMC..

(04-22-2019, 12:46 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: They collect sales data supposedly..but who knows some cards are stuck on high prices for years and then you can buy them for 10% of Beckett..it is weird...some things do not make sense....however..if you strongly feel that the cards are going up and up..now is the time to pick some up here on trade or COMC..
+1
Warren Buffet once said (and I'm paraphrasing here) when the market crashes, that's when millionaires are made.

But that's him talking about the stock market ... but it's kinda the same with cards. Basically, If you have money, buy everything you can when a player is hitting a value doldrum. His stock will rise, especially if he is in a hot market like LA?!?! Fuggetaboutit! But be careful, if it was THAT easy, everyone would be millionaires ! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.