`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this Legit Barry Bonds Auto?

Is this Legit Barry Bonds Auto?
Need help knowing if this is a legit Auto Card? First one 1993 one I have seen.

[Image: 57538166_2305628332829254_71069680606988...e=5D771FEF]

PC: Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew

RE: Is this Legit Barry Bonds Auto?
Looks like it, but I don't think that came from an actual set or anything. So, I'm not sure why it would be numbered.

A buyback?? They can be hard to track and are not listed often..

The auto definitely looks legit, but if it were a buyback it seems like there would be some kind of sticker over the top or authenticity card (like Upper Deck used to do) with it.

Unless it had that and some rube decided to take all the COA elements away and place it in a generic toploader.

Agree with the auto, I have a lot of Bonds autos and that look just like it.
Seems like Topps placed these buyback in packs and did checklist them..or it is a promotional item.

Send it in for auto authentication and see what happens.

I dont own this card. Was thinking of trading for it if it is legit.
PC: Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew

What does the back of the card look like?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-17-2019, 11:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: What does the back of the card look like?
No sure as that is the only pic he has posted

(04-17-2019, 11:48 AM)Addakin Wrote: No sure as that is the only pic he has posted
I would definitely ask for some more background info if you haven't already.

Common sense stuff like:

Did you pull this yourself?
What product did it come from?
Is this how it was packaged?
EBay?
Trade?

Etc. ... I mean, it seems legit but wouldn't want you to get ripped off.

Very long time Bonds Guy here. The auto looks like his early years as he did clean up his auto several years ago. Couple things bother me First...I have never seen it and I have 27 years of Bonds collecting. Second the print run is huge even by 90's standards some of the scoreboard stuff had high print runs and you see tons of them out there. I myself would pass unless you were into it for less then 20 bucks where you could risk the authentication process.