`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Collecting

New to Collecting
Hell every one. As the title say's, I am new to the Baseball scene . My uncle said he would help me out by giving me his collection. I had no idea what was all in it, and I am still going thru the 10 bins he gave me. Well in the first bin I found this and was wondering if it was in good enough condition to get graded or should I just keep it raw. Thanks guys.

[Image: 56544565_2002140473231505_82343624100020...e=5D4B1ACE]
PC: Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew

RE: New to Collecting
Welcome to the collecting world. Its fun to collect what makes you happy and build from there. I would not grade the mantle. Its poor condition, maybe 2 or 3 area but than again, its a mantle so it would be a good one to preserve
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

That's a heck of a nice piece to have as a start for your collection.
IMO, Keep it raw, unless you want it slabbed for preservation. From what I can see, it looks a little rough around the edges, and maybe it's a trick of the light, or the angle of the pic, but is the card bent, curled, or something? It doesn't look like it's flat. So in that condition, selling it slabbed or raw ... it's a toss up. Although, with forgeries out there, it is easier to sell a graded card. Hope that helps.
Welcome aboard!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Welcome! I would put the Mantle in a magnetic holder and call it good.

The Mantle is rough...but..it is a MANTLE..not everyone can say that. I have some rough 1958-1960 cards holding a place in my Giants binders for better cards..but I have them!!!

Good luck with the rest of your sorting!!

You can always send it to me if you don't know what to do with it.

Thanks for all the feed back.. The card is flat, just might be the angle I took the pic. Im just going to keep it raw and get a better case for it. Came across many cards and I am still going thru them all.. Not a bad way to get into collecting lol
PC: Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew

(04-15-2019, 11:06 AM)Addakin Wrote: Thanks for all the feed back.. The card is flat, just might be the angle I took the pic. Im just going to keep it raw and get a better case for it. Came across many cards and I am still going thru them all.. Not a bad way to get into collecting lol
post up some pics of any old or really cool players. that mantle is awesome!
collecting Nolan Ryan, Jose Altuve,Rickey Henderson, Mike Trout,Ozzie Albies

(04-15-2019, 11:24 AM)easttexan Wrote: post up some pics of any old or really cool players. that mantle is awesome!
Ill get some more pics up in the next few days.

Sweet Mantle!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...