`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what baseball card design is the worst to you

RE: what baseball card design is the worst to you
The least valuable Topps set of all time (1988) is actually my favorite, because that's the one I first started collecting.

I bought two packs at a batting cage and was hooked.

A short time later, I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and could afford either a box of 1988 Topps baseball or ... wait for it ... a box of 1986-87 Fleer basketball that the card shop guy couldn't get rid of.

He also had a Michael Jordan RC for sale for $20 - which is how much I had - but I wasn't going to be stupid enough to waste all that money on one card.

Clearly I made the right choice and bought a box of 36 packs of 1988 Topps baseball!

Honestly, I like the 1989 Topps design because the team colors stand out and the "wave" makes it easy to identify player name and team.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

yea topps 89 was a cool design
collecting Nolan Ryan, Jose Altuve,Rickey Henderson, Mike Trout,Ozzie Albies

(04-02-2019, 04:19 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The least valuable Topps set of all time (1988) is actually my favorite, because that's the one I first started collecting.
I bought two packs at a batting cage and was hooked.
A short time later, I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and could afford either a box of 1988 Topps baseball or ... wait for it ... a box of 1986-87 Fleer basketball that the card shop guy couldn't get rid of.
He also had a Michael Jordan RC for sale for $20 - which is how much I had - but I wasn't going to be stupid enough to waste all that money on one card.

Clearly I made the right choice and bought a box of 36 packs of 1988 Topps baseball!
Clearly!!!! LOL
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

There are so many ugly designs
1) most Donruss/Fleer/score late 80s-90s
2) Topps 1973, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1981(stupid little hats), 1990
3) Topps 2016, 2017, 2018 ... I guess I don't like boarderless designs

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.