`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primo

Primo
My daughter goes to school across the street from Roger Dean Stadium, spring training ballpark of the Cards and Marlins and their AAA affiliates. She doesn't really care that much about baseball.
My daughter goes to school right across the street from Crux Coffee. She DOES care about caffeine Smile LOL
Well, sometimes unconnected worlds collide. Jose Martinez (Card's 1st baseman) started a coffee company called Primo and is walking distance from Crux, where his coffee is being sold, so as a promotion, he was there signing mugs and 1pound bags of his dark roast! She told me and I found his Heritage cards and asked her to get them signed! Mission accomplished!

[Image: IMG-1347.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1348.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Primo
Nice! Congrats. You now have a great story (well maybe not great LOL) to tell as long as the card is in your possession. Nice player to boot!

I love getting in person auto's. Me and my girls go every year the the Phillies ALS charity event at Citizens Bank (like fan fest at other stadiums) and have a great time reminiscing about who got what autograph from who and who they talked too and laughed with and at. It's neat for me, but its really about the girls and the memories we share as a family. Last year Rhys Hoskins took a selfie of him and the girls with thier autographed ball (sorry RJ) saying "let me do it because my arms are longer then yours". They think it was the greatest ever. PS....they really could care less about baseball now that they are getting older like your daughter DrM....I think they play along to keep me happy. Whatever works right!

(03-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice! Congrats. You now have a great story (well maybe not great LOL) to tell as long as the card is in your possession. Nice player to boot!

I love getting in person auto's. Me and my girls go every year the the Phillies ALS charity event at Citizens Bank (like fan fest at other stadiums) and have a great time reminiscing about who got what autograph from who and who they talked too and laughed with and at. It's neat for me, but its really about the girls and the memories we share as a family. Last year Rhys Hoskins took a selfie of him and the girls with thier autographed ball (sorry RJ) saying "let me do it because my arms are longer then yours". They think it was the greatest ever.
That is very cool. I like Rhys even more now!

(03-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: PS....they really could care less about baseball now that they are getting older like your daughter DrM....I think they play along to keep me happy. Whatever works right!
Right! As long as the girls keep talking to us about anything we avoid having them shut us out! Even if they feign interest, that means they still care ... and as dad's, that's about all we can hope for. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That's awesome!!!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice! Congrats. You now have a great story (well maybe not great LOL) to tell as long as the card is in your possession. Nice player to boot!

I love getting in person auto's. Me and my girls go every year the the Phillies ALS charity event at Citizens Bank (like fan fest at other stadiums) and have a great time reminiscing about who got what autograph from who and who they talked too and laughed with and at. It's neat for me, but its really about the girls and the memories we share as a family. Last year Rhys Hoskins took a selfie of him and the girls with thier autographed ball (sorry RJ) saying "let me do it because my arms are longer then yours". They think it was the greatest ever. PS....they really could care less about baseball now that they are getting older like your daughter DrM....I think they play along to keep me happy. Whatever works right!
LOL ... you are allowed to get your own auto first before getting one for me, my friend.