`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optic Shock Print error

Optic Shock Print error
I am seeing some cards on eBay that are advertised as a print error in the rated rookie optic shock parallels. It looks like a band across the card. Is this real or just a bad QC issue and there is no value added for this? Is there truth to the , "Panini" caught it early and there are only 3 or 5 of these in existence?
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

RE: Optic Shock Print error
Bad QC issue. I would think it would lower the value because most people will consider this damage. Some of the ones I have seen are really bad and across the middle, such a detractor from the card.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

RE: Optic Shock Print error
(02-10-2019, 01:04 PM)chester2002 Wrote: "Panini" caught it early and there are only 3 or 5 of these in existence?
LOL, some people will try anything to sell their cards that otherwise wouldn't sell due to damage. How would someone know that there are only 3 or 5 in existence? The idea of a card company catching an error and fixing it early in the print run made sense when card companies were printing millions of cards, and had multiple print runs. However it doesn't make any sense now. The only exceptions are when a card has to be completely pulled due to licensing or other issues (think Alex Gordon Topps rookie cards in baseball).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/