`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads

Threads
How many of you guys go back and delete threads that you have posted? I go back and if they haven't had any action in a few days I delete them.

RE: Threads
I'm never that bored Smile
JK
I keep them alive for posterity's sake ... case in point, my Mariano Rivera post from 5 years ago. I reposted my prediction of his unanomous induction into the Hall, despite arguments and rebuttals that nobody will get in unanoumously ... especially a 1 inning pitcher/closer.
As a frequent contributor I'm not sure I'd like a researched answer/post of mine on someone's thread to disappear without asking me ... but that's just me. YMMV
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-27-2019, 12:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'm never that bored Smile
JK
I keep them alive for posterity's sake ... case in point, my Mariano Rivera post from 5 years ago. I reposted my prediction of his unanomous induction into the Hall, despite arguments and rebuttals that nobody will get in unanoumously ... especially a 1 inning pitcher/closer.
As a frequent contributor I'm not sure I'd like a researched answer/post of mine on someone's thread to disappear without asking me ... but that's just me. YMMV
I just know if I post something and get 15-20 looks but no responses then I delete it

This has been discussed before. I was scolded for being one of us who delete my old posts. My philosophy is if I post something for sale or trade, it will stay active for 2 weeks max. If it is a question I delete it once it is answered. Others stay forever.

I don't delete everything but if i'm looking for something and get zero responses then I delete. I figure if it's been out there for a week or two with no responses why leave it.

(01-27-2019, 02:22 PM)cspen Wrote: I don't delete everything but if i'm looking for something and get zero responses then I delete. I figure if it's been out there for a week or two with no responses why leave it.
That's a good point, and seems like a reasonable thing to do.
(01-27-2019, 01:41 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: This has been discussed before. I was scolded for being one of us who delete my old posts. My philosophy is if I post something for sale or trade, it will stay active for 2 weeks max. If it is a question I delete it once it is answered. Others stay forever.
Absolutely makes sense with trades/sales, never thought of that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I to was one that deleted posts after I was finished with them. But as I was informed in the top right of a comment of yours it shows X (128 for me) number of posts. This is what your status as a member (Jr member for me) below your user name is based off of. Not your rank as an actual trader but how many posts.
[Image: Ryan%20Milledge_zpsthyedlbp.jpg]

I don't delete old threads. I actually enjoy going back and looking at some of my better pulls and re-living the moment that I pulled them, LOL.

If you delete a post it reduces your post count if that matters to you
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(01-30-2019, 05:28 PM)floydtown Wrote: If you delete a post it reduces your post count if that matters to you
Not sure if it really matters to me. It says I have 2200 posts so even with the deleted ones I would probably still be under 2300 posts.