`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Havick L1 Penalty

Havick L1 Penalty
Wow How about the news that Harvicks win doesnt lock him in? If the rules broke were so bad that they remove him from being locked in, then why does he get the trophy? Just seems he should be disqualified and he should be counted as finishing last for that race. Here is the article.

The No. 4 Stewart Haas Racing team has been issued an L1 level penalty following driver Kevin Harvicks win Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway an infraction that carries major championship implications in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

The team violated Section 20.4.12 of the NASCAR Rule Book that is specific to spoilers. Spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer and not altered. The infraction was discovered in post race tear down at the NASCAR Research and Development Center.

As a result Harvick has been docked 40 driver points and the team loses 40 owner points as well. Harvicks win at Texas no longer automatically qualifies the team for the Championship 4 in Miami. He will enter this weekends Round of 8 finale fourth among eight playoff drivers in the standings, three points above the cutline should there be a tie for the final transfer spot, Harvick cannot use the Texas win in the tiebreaking procedure.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

RE: Havick L1 Penalty
2 times this year he will have incumbered wins

If he wins he wont be a champion in my eyes

It puts such a black eye on this sport as well I am the only nascar fan at my place of employment and I hear it all the time from the other why would we watch a sport where you cheat and get to keep the trophy or howcome every 3-4 weeks there another cheater etc

How many times did he have a good run because of something Illegal and it not get flagged cause he was not a winner ?? 2 4 6 8 10 times?

I wish they would start making the drivers miss the next race completly maybe they would not push the envelope so much

To have to question these cars every week and hold your breath into wednesday is nuts

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Wow, huge penalty. A few comments-

How did he pass pre race inspection? If they inspect the cars and do not keep them from being worked on, what is the point?obviously the prerace inspection is lacking.

Why did nascar not inspect all of the Playoff cars? It was only the 4 as the winner, but i sure saw Truex drive up from the rear...

I know this...i am changing my pick in Phoenix...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(11-07-2018, 06:56 PM)dunnere Wrote: How did he pass pre race inspection? If they inspect the cars and do not keep them from being worked on, what is the point?obviously the prerace inspection is lacking.
I was wondering this too. It should be impossible for them to alter it on pit road during the race. They have multiple cameras on each pit box. This is also something that is pretty black and white. It has to be at a certain angle.

Im fine with them pushing the envelope but there needs to be consiquences when they cross the line. I just dont get how they all but call him a cheater and he still gets to keep the trophy.

Each race doesnt NASCAR take the top 4 or 5 cars back to the development center for a deeper inspection? I assume the logic would be if you dont finish in the top 5, you cheat, it didnt work, so that is punishment enough. Haha

The winner's car and 2 "random" cars are always taken to R&D after each race.

I agree with Mark. If a car has an illegal part, the driver should miss the next race (no matter when it happens in the season). The crew chief and car chief missing 2 races (the rest of the season) is not a penalty b/c there are plenty of guys to replace them. The driver can't be replaced so easily. If Harvick were suspended for this week's race, there'd be no chance of a known 2-time cheating team winning the championship this season.

Yeah Nascar said they took the rear wing off and found it to not be in there specifications for the rule book whatever that means weather it be height dimensions etc

let not forget balney & jones were cheaters to

And I am sure there was a few more through the field as well

BUCKET LINK

After 8 hours of Nascar radio on xm today this is what I heard

Nascar gives all teams the same spoiler for the cars.

The spoiler on harvicks car was
1.not the one nascar gave them

2.they even made a counterfit nascar logo on the inside of the spoiler to make it look like the one from nascar

3.The had it moved over to the right (making more downforce for the car)

4.Even had the original holes to hold the correct spoiler filled and repainted

Like all the nascar hosts said on the radio this morning this was not them working in the grey area or them not understanding the rule in the rule book

They flat out tried to cheat and got caught

a nascar official during post race inspection was the one who noticed something was off and reported it to be looked at closer at the RND center

Whoever had knowledge of this prior to the race is a FULL BLOWN CHEATER AND SHOULD BE BANNED FROM NASCAR!!

BUCKET LINK

That is really interesting. So how much of that is the 4 team making that decision? I wonder if all of the SHR cars had done the same thing? I figured it was clear that they had cheated when they said they were not going to appeal the penalty. If they had any chance to win the appeal would have. Very interesting.