Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the craze these days

What's the craze these days
Hey everyone,

I haven't been in the card collecting zone for a long time now. But I would kind of like to get back into slowly. I just haven't been in it much for about 13+ years now. But looking for another hobbie, and collecting cards was always one of them.
Now that being said was it the craze these last few years. Nice sets to collect, nice patch cards, that sort of stuff. When I was in it, my main go to set was 02-03 crown royale, specialty the dual patch cards with two or three different colours per swatch. I had about 90% of that set them got out of trading. What would be the similar ones to that set.

What are some of the new boxes these days, that are good bang for the buck.

And just want to say a generic hey to everyone, not sure if there any guys/girls that used to be on here when I was back on here in the day.

RE: What's the craze these days
Good day, aicky.

The general consensus on what is a "craze" now is basically what has just been released, or who the hot rookies are. Really, there are not any specific boxes/packs that anyone really is stoked for. Every release has it's ups and downs.

If you are looking for the best sets to collect, then look no further than Upper Deck Series 1 and 2. The Young Guns hold their value heavily, and the cards are always a hit. There are inserts and such that people enjoy, but it is rarely those that are desired. The Young guns are where it is at, and the boxes usually have decent value for pricing. OPC Platinum is also a stellar buy, as you can hit on-card autos, and very low numbered parallel cards. I have yanked $250 cards out of a $100 box more than once.

If you want to go higher-end, then I would personally suggest UD Black, or SP Authentic. The cards in UD Black are stunning, and you can hit MASSIVE cards for ~$250 CAD. SP Authentic has the Future Watch autographs, plus the Limited Patch Autos that everyone loves. They do hold value, and you average three autos a box. There are not really any jersey pieces, other than the Limited Patches, so your hits won't be a let-down... or too much of one. Haha!

Welcome back to the site, and feel free to get in touch with the members. It is slow going here on the Hockey Boards, but hopefully we can get it back to where it used to be. Best wishes!

Randi