`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Recent Breaks

Some Recent Breaks
While I do not trade on here, I would like to share some highlights of recent breaks - I also do not have a scanner, so no pictures

Let's start with Panini Panini Football which is a retail exclusive product - I find the box pretty good at $29.99 for an autograph and three numbered parallels - the autos and numbered parallels are all to 99 or less.

Player wise, it seems that the best auto I got was a D.J. Chalk /99 - 2nd round wide receiver for Jacksonville getting some good reviews out of Jaguars camp.

I did get a 1 of 1 - its always a nice surprise to get a 1 of 1 - unfortunately, it might not be the best auto, being Kyle Allen who I can't even understand why he's in camp with the Panthers since he wasn't even starting for the University of Houston by the end of last year - but you can't complain about a 1 of 1.

As an Eagles fan, my favorite numbered parallel was Fletcher Cox /20.

I got a hobby box of Donruss - Donruss due to the large number of inserts and old school feel has become one of my favorite products of the year and this year is no exception - although I wish like Score they would have jumbo hobby boxes available. Autograph was Royce Freeman /499 - while the high numbering isn't great, since Freeman is likely going ot be starting at RB for Denver the player might be pretty good. And for a low end product that isn't bad.

Also Donruss gets lots of points from me due to having an insert set devoted to the Super Bowl Champion Eagles - I got kicker Jake Elliott

I was able to get a BGS graded 9.5 Gem Mint Dallas Godert auto from Leaf Valiant and I liked it so much that I decided to try my luck at a box.

The auto on top was Kerron Johnson /60 - he was an absolute monster an Auburn and likely to be Detroit's primary RB so definitely a pretty good auto to get

The second was Mike White /25 - you never know with later round QBs - they probably won't be stars but maybe they become a decent starter but more likely back ups.

The third non-graded auto was Carlton Davis /60 - a cornerback out of Auburn (an Auburn fan should have been delighted by this box)

And there at the bottom was the graded card - BGS 9.5 gem mint grated - Josh Rosen /35.

Seems like getting hte Valient was a good idea

And while not football, I did get a hobby box of Allen & Ginter which is a product I long have liked despite tending to not get anything good out of it

Well, this year it seems that I actually did get something good out of it - a black framed auto /25 of Ronald Acuna, outfielder for the Atlanta Braves and one of the most promising young players in the major leagues.

RE: Some Recent Breaks
congrats on the 1 of 1 and the other pulls, very cool!

Congrats on the nice pulls!

Thanks guys

I got another hobby box of Donruss and it turns out to have been a good decision:

highlights

a couple of good Eagles cards -

Aqueous Test (whatever that is) - Ron Jaworski

Here comes the Champs - Lane Johnson /100 (really sharp looking chrome version)

Rookie jersey number - Ian Thomas /80

Donruss Jersey /99 - Will Fuller - in the first pack - not the best start but the box got better

And the autograph - if I had a scanner, I'd scan in exactly what i saw first (the back of the card)

Signature Marks - Baker Mayfield /25

A pretty amazing pull for a low end product like that

(08-20-2018, 11:59 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Aqueous Test (whatever that is)
It's a callback to Donruss performing tests on card stock back in the 80s/90s.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion...ss-aqueous

Always nice to get a 1/1
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Sounds like some fun break. Nice pull on the Acuna..