`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Idea For NASCAR

Idea For NASCAR
I think it would be extremely interesting if NASCAR had a certain number of races each year where the cars were all prepared exactly the same. Like the old IROC cars. Remove the equipment and the money from it and see who really is the best. Make the cars as close to the same as possible. I want to know. Has Johnson lost his edge or Hendrick slipped? Are Kyle and Kevin that good or do they just have better teams? I think it would awesome if they could somehow bring a series as IROC back.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

RE: Idea For NASCAR
Yes. Stock car racing...i like it.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

What would be real fun to see...

Give every driver a stock, straight-off-the-lot Dodge Challenger and see where everyone finishes! No modifications at all, even the tires.

I picked that specific car for a couple of reasons. #1 is that no one currently drives a Dodge in the Cup Series. #2 is that would be the best way for everyone to have an equal car.
If you put a stock Camaro against a stock Fusion and a stock Camry, I doubt anyone beats the Chevy's. Now if you switch the Fusion for a Mustang, we've got a good race. But not for the Camry's...

The #1 problem with this whole idea is the safety. No stock car is going to keep you from getting seriously hurt in a 150+ MPH collision with a wall! Even at the short 1/2-mile tracks where the speed would be way lower, one collision will lead to many more.
No matter what track you tried this at, the danger is much worse. A race like that at any track would have slower speeds, but impacts from anything would be more significant.

Adam, the safety comment is true. So why not have NASCAR supply all pf the cars modified for safety?

Im even good with the cars as they are now, but with everyone having the same equipment...
I think they better do something. I looked at D&A Cardworld today, and all of the 2018 nascar boxes are On Sale and it is more like Clearance prices...LOL. 2018 Victory Lane $49 a box. NASCAR is about the same popularity now as NHRA or MLS...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I would love to see that
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK