`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is more collectible long term?

Who is more collectible long term?
I tend to pull all base and insert cards of Trout and at this point Bryant. But lately I've been thinking that Bryant has lost some shine as a long term collectibility standpoint.

So I've been thinking of switching out Bryant for Harper.

Opinions or suggestion on other guys whose base and inserts might be worth saving other than a yankees player who I already pc the whole team. lol

RE: Who is more collectible long term?
Although I think Harper is overrated, he has a large fan base, and will probably hold value over time. Bryant will always be collectible to Cubs fans because of the World Series win, and there are a ton of Cubs fans out there (and yes I'm including the bandwagon ones) I don't think you can go wrong with anything Trout. Great player, and if he lands on a winning team someday, his value will likely skyrocket - even more than it already has. As far as other players, if Mookie Betts keeps it up, it might be a good time to get in on him too, although it might clash with your Yankees collection, lol.

Just whatever you do, steer away from Joey Votto. (I don't need any more competition!!! Lol)
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I agree about Harper being overrated. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Trout, imo.

(07-15-2018, 06:32 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: As far as other players, if Mookie Betts keeps it up, it might be a good time to get in on him too, although it might clash with your Yankees collection, lol.
I'm a Yankee fan, but I definitely plan on picking up a few nice Betts cards. I don't care who he plays for, the dude is great.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Long Term collectability (investment?) is really hard to pinpoint. How do you know if someone is going to have a 15-20 year HOF career or a 10-15 year very good career? Based on 3-5 years at the start of their career? Going forward, the risk / reward long term will be in the product quality and quantity (rarity) I think for new products.

Just remember that it will be 2084 before our 2018 purchases equal the time frame that the 1952 set equals today. Collect what and who you like.

No preference to Harper verses Bryant - Harper early cards are way overpriced and Bryant signs just about every card that is made of him. (I love my 2016 Gypsy Queen Bryant Auto mini though!)

Nolan Arenado..........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-16-2018, 12:06 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Just remember that it will be 2084 before our 2018 purchases equal the time frame that the 1952 set equals today.
Way to put it into perspective, I'll be 102!!
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(07-16-2018, 07:16 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: Way to put it into perspective, I'll be 102!!
Me too!

1982 baby!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel