`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball is crazy...and why not to buy into the buzz

Baseball is crazy...and why not to buy into the buzz
Ohani, I think his name is, that took the MLB by storm? Now needs Tommy John Surgery, and is out until 2020. I saw his cards selling for literally thousands of dollars each, and now what are they worth? It's like with Manzel, or RG3, sucks to spend all those thousands only to have to give them away if you want to move them. This is why I don't "prospect" on the high end guys each year.

RE: Baseball is crazy...and why not to buy into the buzz
Man that really is a bummer because he was as hot as any prospect as I can ever recall. I'm dating myself quite a bit, but I remember the huge stir JD Drew caused in 1998 to close the season. I hope he heals completely and is able to resume at a high level.

I'm not sure how baseball is any more crazy than any other sport. There are flash in the pans everywhere.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

The Ohtani thing was because he was a pitcher and a hitter, something that hadn't been done in decades ... not really an apples to apples comparison of the usual busts and flameouts.

I mean, JaMarcus Russell as the NFL's No 1. pick ... Hasheem Thabeet drafted ahead of Harden and Curry ... the list goes on and on in every sport.