`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autographed cards value

Autographed cards value
I have 5 personally autographed Curtis Martin cards that he signed for me when I mailed them to him in 2006. I have no idea of their value.

Theyare:
1995 Summit #166
1996 Leaf #74
1997 Pinnacle #100
1998 Upper Deck #176
1999 SP Authentic #61

Any help?                    

RE: Autographed cards value
I would look to see how much sports shows are charging to get cards signed in person by him and use that value.

Getting them certified by BAS or PSA will help provide a price floor but the cost to do so will undoubtedly eat into any potential profits. Also if Martin is still an active/prolific signer it will be difficult selling them for much. Having said that, the Upper Deck signed in silver is slicker than all get out!

Here is the ultimate dilemma...it will cost $20 for each to get authenticated, however the value of each card is probably around $20 at most. What makes it worse is that most people won't be interested in buying one unless it's authenticated. Thus, these are great for enjoying yourself, but will be difficult to make any money by selling.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Agree with above, I don't buy unauthenticated cards unless its for real cheap so that the cost of getting them authenticated won't kill me. But, it's $20-25 dollars to authenticate. That said, I'm more likely to buy an authenticated card for $35 than I am to buy a cheap unauthenticated one as it saves me time and effort to send it myself. Hope that helps.

He is a darn legible signer, though, is he not?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.