Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankees - Angels game Friday night

Yankees - Angels game Friday night
Hi all,

Was watching the Yankees - Rangers game tonight on MLB (Yanks 10 - Rangers 5 by the way). The announcers were talking about the Friday night game on MLB and it's going to be Yanks - Angels. The worked out the rotation for each team, and said it works out to Tanaka versus Ohtani. Of course, this could change for several different reasons, but if it is those two pitching, might be a good game to watch.

Brian
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Yankees - Angels game Friday night
Hi Brian,
Tanaka pitched last night (Monday) and although the Yankees won, it was because they belted 5 HRs to keep them in the lead. Tanaka didnt look sharp. I'm afraid that an Ohtani/Tanaka matchup will favor the Angels. Both teams have hitting, but Ohtani might successfully quiet the Yankees bats. I'm just hoping Ohtani is slightly 'off' and Tanaka is "on" !!! Needless to say, I'm watching any televised game the Yankees play. I don't have the baseball package and I don't want to watch games on my phone or computer, so I don't have MLB.tv either.
No matter, our boys are cranking and we just need to keep winning series match-ups 2 of 3 and 3 of 4 and we'll be there in October.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Hey Doc,

I agree with your assessment about the game last night. However, I think Tanaka's bad game was just a matter of having a bad day. None of us are perfect, remember Mariano giving the home run up to Sandy Alomar in 1997 and the Boston series in 2004, I think he lost 2 in a row, I know he gave up the winning hit to Ortiz. I think we should keep a positive attitude and maybe our guys will come thru.

(05-22-2018, 06:26 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hi Brian,
Tanaka pitched last night (Monday) and although the Yankees won, it was because they belted 5 HRs to keep them in the lead. Tanaka didnt look sharp. I'm afraid that an Ohtani/Tanaka matchup will favor the Angels. Both teams have hitting, but Ohtani might successfully quiet the Yankees bats. I'm just hoping Ohtani is slightly 'off' and Tanaka is "on" !!! Needless to say, I'm watching any televised game the Yankees play. I don't have the baseball package and I don't want to watch games on my phone or computer, so I don't have MLB.tv either.
No matter, our boys are cranking and we just need to keep winning series match-ups 2 of 3 and 3 of 4 and we'll be there in October.

Ohtani pitches every Sunday so unless they are starting Tanaka on Sunday, that isn't the matchup you're hoping for.

(05-22-2018, 10:23 PM)david campos Wrote: Ohtani pitches every Sunday so unless they are starting Tanaka on Sunday, that isn't the matchup you're hoping for.
That may well be the case, all i was reporting on was what the announcers were saying.

Brian

Tanaka will get beat by Ohtani if they do face each other. Right now Tanaka couldn't pitch his way out of a paper bag.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Trout & Upton verses Judge and Stanton.....must see TV for me
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-24-2018, 11:53 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Trout & Upton verses Judge and Stanton.....must see TV for me
Agreed! Go Halos! (sorry Doc & Bam, haha)
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(05-24-2018, 11:53 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Trout & Upton verses Judge and Stanton.....must see TV for me
Good point, I hadn't thought about any hitting matchups.
(05-24-2018, 12:11 PM)flamethrower Wrote: Agreed! Go Halos! (sorry Doc & Bam, haha)
Hey, doesn't bother me. To me, if everyone liked the same team, it wouldn't be any fun to heckle a little bit!! Big Grin

What's funny is: I live in a small town in Iowa. By small I mean about 800 population. Anyway the funny part is, there's a Yankee fan (me) and a Red Sox fan who live in small town Iowa. We both heckle each other, we'll put on team related shirts for when we meet each other somewhere. I don't know if anyone remembers Beckett having a contest (the theme was good rivalries). I think they wanted any essay and a picture of each person wearing their team garb. Grand prize was 2 tickets for an home and away game.

Except for a few obnoxious fans, I usually have a good time no matter what. I have a story behind this too, but I'll save it for another time.