`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decided to peak back in on the hobby....

Decided to peak back in on the hobby....
After stepping away two years ago, it looks like the world of sports cards is still alive and well! I am curious...

1) Are there any new "concepts" to gamify collecting? what I mean by this is things that have contributed to the gambling nature of the hobby...in other words Case Breaks, etc....

a) in my very quick research i noticed that there are probably about twice to three times as many reputable breaking sites now. Has anyone come up with a new concept in the past 2 years?

2) Are there any new ways to buy product outside of shitty LCS dealers? I may have the two shadiest entities near me to choose from so I literally relied heavily on retail outlets like target and blasters, etc... and Dave and Adams and stuff like that. Ebay for singles, trades on here (which sucked because I always wanted to trade up and over the years that seemed to have gotten more and more difficult to do. Hence why I dont really bother anymore.)

3) Keeping #2 in mind, where would you buy product now? If you were to buy a box what outlet would you choose outside of an LCS as your LCS is probably not near me and I wont go that route anyway...I don't trust them.

Anyhow, I need to go figure out what to do with all these Gregorius auto's and rookies I used to curse pulling back in 2013.....I swore the guy wouldn't amount to anything!
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info