`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1:747 hit in a repack box and a 1:299 possible case hit in a hobby box.

1:747 hit in a repack box and a 1:299 possible case hit in a hobby box.
I went into a target hoping to find some of those 250 card cubes but no dice.

I did find 3 of the 10 pack repack boxes and bought all three.

All boxes had the same packs and number of packs.

In all the boxes they had 2 2017 opening day packs.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled a mascot auto.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

It is Billy the Marlin. But 1:747 Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin. It may not be worth much but it was a great surprise.

Now for the possible case hit.

I went to a card store and bought a single box of 2014 topps series one.

In one of the packs was a clear card of David DeJesus 04/10.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

According to the back of the pack it is a 1:299 hit. Would this be considered a case hit?

The only other things on note from the repacks are 2 gold cards including my second lowest numbered gold card of 0090/2017.

My lowest gold card is 0030/2015

I also pulled a rediscover topps card of 1987 topps storm davis bronze stamp.

RE: 1:747 hit in a repack box and a 1:299 possible case hit in a hobby box.
(03-19-2018, 03:48 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: Imagine my surprise when I pulled a mascot auto.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
It is Billy the Marlin. But 1:747 Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin. It may not be worth much but it was a great surprise.
Congrats on the unexpected hits!!
Not sure if youre interested, but I have a Rangers mascot auto ... if you want to trade a Fish's autograph for a Horse's autograph please let me know. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Wow. That is pretty unreal.

You went in looking for a card cube? I just assumed those never had anything good in therm. I didn't realize they were actually worth buying.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(03-19-2018, 09:51 PM)hempick Wrote: You went in looking for a card cube? I just assumed those never had anything good in therm. I didn't realize they were actually worth buying.

They advertise an autograph or memorabilia hit in 1 of every 2 cubes.

That is not why I wanted to buy one.

I have always wanted to open one.

I like how they are a cheap break as are all repacks.

I know they are filled with mostly junk wax from 1987-1993 but as I am doing a lot of sets from those years it is a good way to get quite a bit of cards for different releases.