`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 rated rookie

2017 rated rookie
I recently purchased this Andrew Benentendi rated rookie serial #'d to 150. I don't see this particular one in the Beckett (magazine). Either that or I'm not understanding it correctly. I do see one that says 99-150 but im not sure what that means. I also have the blue Aaron Judge auto serial #'d to 75 and I don't see that one either. On the Beckett mag I see they listed Carolina blue twice #'d to 35 and one #'d 20-25. I do also see it does say Donruss optic auto Blue twice in a row but there's no multiplier next to it or that it's serial #'d to 75. Sorry for my ignorance I only recently got back into collecting the past few months. Thanks in advance guys.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2017 rated rookie
I think it is this one.
The magazine does not carry all the variations sometimes..
The OPG is more accurate I have found

2017 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Signatures Holo #RRSAX Andrew Benintendi/150

(02-15-2018, 09:03 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I think it is this one.
The magazine does not carry all the variations sometimes..
The OPG is more accurate I have found

2017 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Signatures Holo #RRSAX Andrew Benintendi/150
Thank you. What do you think about the Aaron judge? It's just the blue one. Not aqua blue or Carolina blue. I'm confused because there's no multiplier or serial # next to it in the beckett.

The Judge would be this one.

2017 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Signatures Blue #RRSAJ Aaron Judge/75

(02-15-2018, 08:45 AM)stevenandrew26 Wrote: I recently purchased this Andrew Benentendi rated rookie serial #'d to 150. I don't see this particular one in the Beckett (magazine). Either that or I'm not understanding it correctly. I do see one that says 99-150 but im not sure what that means. I also have the blue Aaron Judge auto serial #'d to 75 and I don't see that one either. On the Beckett mag I see they listed Carolina blue twice #'d to 35 and one #'d 20-25. I do also see it does say Donruss optic auto Blue twice in a row but there's no multiplier next to it or that it's serial #'d to 75. Sorry for my ignorance I only recently got back into collecting the past few months. Thanks in advance guys.
My suggestion, if you are just getting back into the hobby, is to ditch the magazine and use the online price guide. I find it much easier to look up cards and figure out what you have online. I like seeing it like a checklist right in front of me with every card, rather than most not even being listed like the magazine. And depending on how you search, it can be a lot more precise.

In my opinion the magazine is useless. They list very few items in it compared to the online guide and why figure out a multiplier when you can look up the actual Beckett value?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(02-16-2018, 02:46 PM)zeprock Wrote: In my opinion the magazine is useless. They list very few items in it compared to the online guide and why figure out a multiplier when you can look up the actual Beckett value?
Couldn't agree more. I have a friend who gets the magazine monthly. She refuses to get the online version and calls me daily to look stuff up for her. Undecided
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(02-15-2018, 09:18 AM)stevenandrew26 Wrote: It's just the blue one. Not aqua blue or Carolina blue.
How many different variations of the same card can a company make before collectors just give up? Different options of "blue" is beyond ridiculous. And what the heck is "Carolina blue"? Something to do with the University, perhaps?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I get the magazine and online every year. $100 for both. That's cheaper than buying 10 newsstand copies. The magazine is fun, but for pricing cards, relatively useless. OPG is much better for that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-16-2018, 06:51 PM)jonathani Wrote: How many different variations of the same card can a company make before collectors just give up? Different options of "blue" is beyond ridiculous. And what the heck is "Carolina blue"? Something to do with the University, perhaps?
Some people love the chase of putting a rainbow together..
I personally like the color variations..