`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 chronicles pack

2017 chronicles pack
stopped into my local shop to see what they had.

picked out a single pack of chronicles and pulled a sweet hit.

ian happ absolute rookie premier materials #ed to 10

RE: 2017 chronicles pack
Nice hit!!!

Chronicles has been nothing but a crapfest for me. The base cards are garbage, imo ... so a blaster is $20 for like 4 cards of inserts that are from different products? I don't get it??? I totally expected something different .. I'm usually very happy with Panini products. Even when I don't get a good hit, I'm still usually okay with the base cards. Uggggh. Sorry to do a negative rant on your thread. Glad you got a great hit, but my advice ... stop while youre ahead of the game.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I get you. I bought a pack to check it out and ended up pulling that card out

I bought 2 packs at my LCS and did ok. Then I saw a post about someone opening blasters and getting some nice Judge and Bellinger inserts, so when I was at Walmart last night I grabbed the only blaster I could find. It was a total dud.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-02-2018, 08:59 AM)djohn Wrote: I bought 2 packs at my LCS and did ok. Then I saw a post about someone opening blasters and getting some nice Judge and Bellinger inserts, so when I was at Walmart last night I grabbed the only blaster I could find. It was a total dud.
That was me, I'm the king of the Chronicles retail Judge and Bellinger "update" RCs ... Prizm and Absolute!

Yes, to reiterate, these are extremely hit or miss. You basically get four base cards (which I agree with Doc, are terrible) of newspaper story cards - never a good look, IMO - and then one "update" card from either a product that was never a standalone release from Panini this year, or was not included in its original set.

For example, Prizm was not its own release for baseball this year. So there is a 50-card subset of Prizm vets and rookies that basically fall one card per blaster.

So to pull Bellinger and Judge, as I did, is not easy (assuming they're all seeded equally).

There is also an Absolute subset, of which I pulled Judge and Bellinger.

And then there is a subset of updated base Donruss Rated Rookies, like Bellinger, that were not in the original set.

You basically get one of each of these in each blaster ... one Prizm, one Absolute, and one or two updated Rated Rookies.

You also get a numbered base card if you don't get two Rated Rookies.

The hits are also fairly easy, as I think in nine total blasters I pulled 4 GU cards.

Again, they're hit or miss ... I pulled Marcel Ozuna, Xander Bogaerts, Adrian Beltre and Dale Murphy (the only one I was fairly excited about).

So would I say I got $180 worth of cards from nine blasters?

Eh, maybe so, maybe not.

3 total Bellingers (2 Absolute, one Prizm), 2 total Judges (one each of Absolute and Prizm), the four GU cards and some random numbered cards ...

i would say I was extremely lucky to pull what I did..... I was not excited about the base cards at all. I definitely not buying more of this product

Nice hit
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK