`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help us out Beckett!

Help us out Beckett!
It's sad going through trying to trade for cards only to find out users have been gone for years...somehow there needs to be a way to delete them and their cards...or have a big way to draw everyone back. So much potential, but so few of us are actually active...

RE: Help us out Beckett!
Very true. There's so few active traders around here. You see the same threads on the first page for days, even a week or more. It's sad. I came back about 2 months ago, spent tons of time loading cards into my ORG and wanted to do trading. But there's just nobody around here to trade with. It's so bad, I'm not going to renew after this month expires. It's sad what a great place this was even just 10 or so years ago. Now it's nothing.

You guys are right , if I could easily load my org to another site I would be gone . Not hardly any one to trade with. Those of us left have found and traded for what we want from each other. We all have some decent tradebait but no new blood . May have to leave just to be able to trade.
Photobucket

(11-21-2017, 07:57 PM)sparty78 Wrote: You guys are right , if I could easily load my org to another site I would be gone . Not hardly any one to trade with. Those of us left have found and traded for what we want from each other. We all have some decent tradebait but no new blood . May have to leave just to be able to trade.
+1
I have seen some serious discounting of cards just trying to sell some, including myself, because the trading community is barren in terms of numbers and variety of cards.

Exactly...I've scanned everyone's org several times for stuff I could use lol

I took a break from the hobby a little over 2 years ago and this place was jumping. I came back a couple of weeks ago and this place is a deserted wasteland. What happened the last 2 years?
Appearance over book value. I've seen some real high-end doozies....

It took me a while to do this, but I just created a free website and put everything on there. Now I have everything I have FT/FS on that site, including new supplies. It's also got my wants too.

It's here...
https://hughescards.weebly.com

(11-21-2017, 07:57 PM)sparty78 Wrote: You guys are right , if I could easily load my org to another site I would be gone . Not hardly any one to trade with. Those of us left have found and traded for what we want from each other. We all have some decent tradebait but no new blood . May have to leave just to be able to trade.

(11-22-2017, 01:04 PM)rinzler Wrote: I took a break from the hobby a little over 2 years ago and this place was jumping. I came back a couple of weeks ago and this place is a deserted wasteland. What happened the last 2 years?
The vets got sick of being ignored by Beckett while increasing costs of ORG.
The newbies were ignored by the vets.
The remaining guys, including me, have traded for nearly all of the wants so it has slowed down.

Now, just pointing this out ... I have tried to make trades with some of the remaining members on here, and it's like pulling teeth to get a simple deal done.

So maybe we also need to take a look at ourselves and make sure we're being flexible and accommodating.

True, and I may be one of them. But I only collect vintage baseball and football, and not many have that. When someone sends an offer, if they don't have any vintage, I will just cancel most of the time.

(11-22-2017, 04:00 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Now, just pointing this out ... I have tried to make trades with some of the remaining members on here, and it's like pulling teeth to get a simple deal done.

So maybe we also need to take a look at ourselves and make sure we're being flexible and accommodating.