`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to get notified when...

Is there a way to get notified when...
Is there a way to get notified when a new set is added? I'm getting back into football cards after a 6 or 7 year hiatus, and I decided to use Beckett as it's really the only option for trading AND organizing your collection online.
My father has been collection a lot longer than I have, and he's the original reason I got into collection football cards in the first place. So, at his suggestion, instead of just inserting what I have, he suggested having a "Have" list (aka, my actual collection), and a "Want" list (everything that I want, such as the team I collect, but cards that I don't have yet) to make it easier on potential trades.
After spending a few hours since last night getting that taken care of, I came up an issue: Not all of the 2017 cards are out. Right now, there are 1,854 cards when you search for "2017 Ravens" using Football for your search. I know there is going to be a lot more, as it's gone up starting in 2009 (with 1313), all the way to 2015 and 2016, which have 5,000+.

So, here's my question: Is there a way to get notified when Beckett adds a new set or new football cards, so I can keep my "Want" list updated? Or am I just going to have to search for it every few days to see if there is anything new? Because if it's the latter, then that makes this site kind of user-unfriendly when it's already so simplified it's complicated.

Thanks in advance for responses and help, and I look forward to trading with some of you guys and gals by the New Year (I have probably anywhere from 7,000 to 12,000 cards in various boxes to go through, and like I mentioned earlier, it's been over 6 years since I stopped, so I got quite of bit of work to do before I'll actually be ready to trade)
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

RE: Is there a way to get notified when...
If you read the forums there is a thread posted whenever a new product is priced in Beckett, which is normally 3 weeks after the set cones out. This might help but you still have to look for the thread.

(10-24-2017, 08:16 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: If you read the forums there is a thread posted whenever a new product is priced in Beckett, which is normally 3 weeks after the set cones out. This might help but you still have to look for the thread.
That might work, as long as it's just football cards. I mean, it'll work too if it's all sports; I'll just have to read and look for football cards. BUT, I could set up notifications for that thread.

What would be ideal though would be a notification of some kind / an email from Beckett saying, "Hey, we added a/some new football cards to our database"
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

(10-24-2017, 08:21 PM)DCM7734 Wrote: That might work, as long as it's just football cards. I mean, it'll work too if it's all sports; I'll just have to read and look for football cards. BUT, I could set up notifications for that thread.

What would be ideal though would be a notification of some kind / an email from Beckett saying, "Hey, we added a/some new football cards to our database"
Yes, football cards pricing update would be posted in the Football forum, so easy to distinguish. As far as an email you will never hear from Beckett except sales pitches.

(10-24-2017, 08:50 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yes, football cards pricing update would be posted in the Football forum, so easy to distinguish. As far as an email you will never hear from Beckett except sales pitches.
I looked through all the forums that had to deal with Football, and couldn't find any thread you mentioned. Perhaps somebody should start one?
I PC all Ravens cards.

Look at 10-06-17 posting my jgrunert. He is on the Beckett staff.

(10-24-2017, 10:56 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Look at 10-06-17 posting my jgrunert. He is on the Beckett staff.
Oh, so there is no running thread, just a single one for the set. Maybe a running thread would be nice, and pin it, too.
I PC all Ravens cards.

(10-24-2017, 07:44 PM)DCM7734 Wrote: I decided to use Beckett as it's really the only option for trading AND organizing your collection online.
So it doesn't matter if you get notified or not. You'll still use Beckett until something better comes out.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(10-27-2017, 02:14 PM)jonathani Wrote: So it doesn't matter if you get notified or not. You'll still use Beckett until something better comes out.
I'll probably use Beckett until my father changes. He's been using it for years. If he finds something that he feels is better than Beckett, then it probably is, at least for our purposes.
I PC all Ravens cards.

Beckett has the best Org but they chased their user base off when they made subscriptions required for more then 100 cards. I'm currently working on a multi-sport trading card database with a web front end. If and when I finish it I will make it available to the anyone. The only catch you would have to manually enter the cards into the database ( a pain) and you would have to find a provider to host it(easy). That way I can update one place and have it accessible by traders from anywhere. I will also be able to search, sort and filter by any field like College or Position.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.