`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How horrible is the new OPG layout??? Fixed, but still NOT GOOD!! FIX IT, Beckett!!

RE: How horrible is the new OPG layout??? Fixed, but still NOT GOOD!! FIX IT, Beckett!!
Amen!

RE: How horrible is the new OPG layout???
(10-26-2017, 12:45 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's back, but still not really better ... in the last version before the change, when you searched for a card, lets say "2011 Topps Update RC" it would generate a list and there was a way that it indicated which card you had in your ORG and which you did not. Very useful when completing sets, looking for cards youre missing, trading, buying ... etc, etc.. Of course, you can go into your ORG and see / search out what you have, but now, to find what's missing just became a 2-step ordeal, instead of a simple, useful process.

PLEASE FIX, CORRECT, REPEAL & REPLACE THE OPG!!!!
What is this that you speak of? I don't recall seeing any way that indicated if I already had a card or not while adding cards from the OPG. Was it an icon or something like that?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: How horrible is the new OPG layout???
(10-26-2017, 12:39 PM)zeprock Wrote: What is this that you speak of? I don't recall seeing any way that indicated if I already had a card or not while adding cards from the OPG. Was it an icon or something like that?
One of the icons to the far right of the box (shopping cart, file folder, etc) the file folder was faded out compared to the others when a card existed in ORG. (It was always confusing because there was no way to discriminate between a card you had listed in the ORG and a card you had in your want list in the ORG. But once I deleted my want list, it told me what i had and therefore what i needed.)
That doesn't seem to be like that anymore. And it was so useful to me when checking on cards ... likewise, when entering a card into ORG that already existed, you would have to go into ORG and change the number of cards, because when you add a card thru the OPG and its a duplicate, it doesn't automatically raise the number of cards you own.
Hard to explain, but I hope I was descriptive enough for you to understand my dismay about this new Beckett Bungle.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: How horrible is the new OPG layout??? Fixed, but still NOT GOOD!! FIX IT, Beckett!!
I did not know to look for that. It could've been helpful. I know that when I add a card to my ORG that is already there, it doesn't change the amount of haves.

All my cards are in collections and when I add cards, I always add them to a specific collection (Purgatory) and then I disperse them from that collection into their rightful collections. After I've added all my cards and go to my "Purgatory" collection, I notice if some of the cards listed already have collections assigned to them. That's how I know I already have them and I then increase the amount of haves.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I started with just a OPG sub. Evolved into trying ORG, but I was actually over it once they made it harder to submit card pictures a couple years ago. I really liked the instant upload (get why it went into a checker from some abuse, but still off putting as an honest scanner). I'm just a baseball forum keyboard warrior now, but would love to want to contribute again.