`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pujols/Pedroia Relic vs. Mantle Auto

Pujols/Pedroia Relic vs. Mantle Auto
Can you believe that at auction (for almost a week) a Pujols/Pedroia non-auto relic is currently the same price as a Mantle auto?

I know history behind 2010 Exquisite and that most of the #'ed print runs were not released hence the high bids.

I'm also guessing the Mantle auto will prevail as the winner come Sunday.

[Image: Mantle%20vs.%20Pedroia_zpstoz5igfc.jpg]

Sets: 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones

RE: Pujols/Pedroia Relic vs. Mantle Auto
Final sale price is all that really matters.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Yup, and a guy with 15 feedback selling a Mantle auto is also gonna keep the price down...buyer beware.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Wow! Can't believe the price for that Pedroia/Pujols/Lincecum/Lee! I could pick up a 1940 Play Ball ted Williams for that price. The seller must be ecstatic.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

The Mantle should go for way more, but I guess we'll see.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

It really does put things into perspective, doesn't it? But, that is what makes this hobby so fun! There are some things out there that will ALWAYS have a specific perceived value for nearly all collectors, like a Mantle autograph. THOUSANDS of people will agree that a Mantle auto is worth $xxx. Then, there are some items that will fetch $xxxx, but only 3-5 people in the world would be willing to pay for it.

Every now and then, I wonder what I would get if my Canseco collection was turned to instant cash, what awesome vintage stuff I could get. I think about a 52 Mantle, 54 Aaron, Goudey Ruth/Gehrig, T206 Cobb, etc. All this stuff has crazy awesome appeal to me, but in the end, it still doesn't hold a candle to what I place value on, and what I'm trying to do with my collection. 97% of the collecting community will not agree with me on my views, either but I'm cool with that Smile
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

The 4 way patch went for more. But only a little more.

(09-12-2017, 09:41 AM)magneto2 Wrote: The 4 way patch went for more. But only a little more.
That's blasphemy.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel