`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Players Weekend"

RE: "Players Weekend"
I like the nicknames on the backs of the jerseys. It's something fun and different. I hope they do it again next year.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I liked the nickname and uniform changes for a weekend, but can really do without the Lollipop Guild sox some of the players were wearing. +1 on them doing it again next year. It was great.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I'm sure MLB will make some money off of the weekend with the sales of the jerseys. But I think the whole idea was for the players to have fun and break the monotony a bit and I think they accomplished that.

Yeah, it must be boring to make 7 figures while playing a game for a living...good thing they had something to break up the monotony of that.

(08-28-2017, 12:16 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, it must be boring to make 7 figures while playing a game for a living...good thing they had something to break up the monotony of that.
162 games is a long season. It's good to change things up like this.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU

I wasn't a huge fan of it. I like tradition. I don't even like the dark colored road jerseys some teams wear all the time. I like it when it is white at home and gray on the road. Especially in the playoffs and World Series. But then again watching the Reds pitching staff give up runs in droves sucks no matter what uniform they are wearing.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(08-28-2017, 06:05 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: I wasn't a huge fan of it. I like tradition. I don't even like the dark colored road jerseys some teams wear all the time. I like it when it is white at home and gray on the road. Especially in the playoffs and World Series. But then again watching the Reds pitching staff give up runs in droves sucks no matter what uniform they are wearing.
Didn't even know there were rules on the type of jerseys teams are supposed to wear. Goes to show that it makes no difference to me what they wear haha.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU