`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to value Superfractors?

How to value Superfractors?
How does everyone view Superfractors from a value point of view? Is their a rule of thumb like 3x the /5 card or something?

I've got Mazara in every number version of the auto refractor for 2017 Topps Finest and now the Superfractors is for sale. Outside of Mazara I was a bit disappointed at Beckett values for 2017 Finest based box price increases and eBay sales.

This guy wants 999 for the 2017 Topps Finest Mazara Superfractor. It would be cool to add it to my Mazara collection and compete my 2017 Finest Mazara cards but I'm thinking it's worth about $350. If this was a rookie year for him I would be willing to value it much higher but it's not a rookie card.
Looking for High End Nomar Mazara, Mattingly, Adrian Beltre, Peyton Manning, Clayton Kershaw, Zeke Elliott, and Dak Prescott

RE: How to value Superfractors?
As with any 1/1 or even cards numbered higher to /5 or /10, it's only worth what you're willing to pay and what the person with it will accept in sale.

I've bought a couple supers and have paid less than $100 for each, so to me, your $350 value is way too high.

Cheers,

I definitely think a Mazara auto superfractor is worth more than a $100 but would love to find these cards at those prices Smile
Looking for High End Nomar Mazara, Mattingly, Adrian Beltre, Peyton Manning, Clayton Kershaw, Zeke Elliott, and Dak Prescott

(07-05-2017, 06:19 AM)KPRROK Wrote: As with any 1/1 or even cards numbered higher to /5 or /10, it's only worth what you're willing to pay and what the person with it will accept in sale.

I've bought a couple supers and have paid less than $100 for each, so to me, your $350 value is way too high.

Cheers,
I agree, and have bought several superfractors for well under $100. It all depends on the player, and the year. A rookie year or prospect superfractor is going to be very highly valued, however after that the demand is much much less. I also agree that even $350 is too high for a non-rookie superfractor auto of Mazara. The person asking $999 is probably hoping to get some offers, and doesn't want to under-price himself. My bet is a $350 offer would be accepted immediately. However the fact that you posted your value of $350 in a public forum and also stated how much you want it; I wouldn't be surprised if he were to not sell it for under $350. Just depends on if he is a member on this forum, or does searches for people looking for Mazara.
Personally, I would send him an offer of $150 and see if he responds. If he flat out rejects the offer, send another offer at $200, and just keep going from there. I honestly value the card at only around $100, but value for a 1/1 is really up to the person buying and the person selling.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'm already out on it, his lowest counter was $450 so I moved on...

I've as many supers as anyone, and I say the best course of action is to list it at .99 and let it ride. It's the only way to know its true value.

Otherwise you're just trying to desperately seek that single person in the world who is willing to overpay.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(07-05-2017, 09:48 AM)treywatts@gmail.com Wrote: I'm already out on it, his lowest counter was $450 so I moved on...
Add it to your watchlist and give it time. Either the seller is just showing it off, or he will eventually come down.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-05-2017, 04:38 PM)djohn Wrote: Add it to your watchlist and give it time. Either the seller is just showing it off, or he will eventually come down.
I agree, it won't sell for $999. The question is how much less will he eventually take.
You just have to decide how much you're willing to pay and be willing to either wait him out or let someone else have it. I researched what these are selling for and was shocked. Not sure how many Mazara collector's there are out there but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up getting close to the amount of his lowest counter eventually. Have you used all you allowed offers already?

I paid $200 for a 2016 Derek Fisher Bowman Prospect Superfractor. I was happy with the price. Seller was asking $400, but settled for my $200 offer.