`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bowman Mega Box

2017 Bowman Mega Box
Anyone see these? Are the 2017 Bowman Megabox a retail exclusive?
They are truly beautiful cards. I have a few but don't see them around anymore.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2017 Bowman Mega Box
I think they are Target exclusive. Both Target stores I have checked had none.

(06-11-2017, 04:40 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Anyone see these? Are the 2017 Bowman Megabox a retail exclusive?
They are truly beautiful cards. I have a few but don't see them around anymore.
I know those things are shooting up in price on eBay and the Otani card is sky-rocketing in price, probably why you haven't seen anymore.
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

mehhh I consider these a gimmick product. They change the pic on a few cards add a few new RC's that will be included in Topps Chrome which is a much nicer product all the way around.

I liken these to those stupid snowflake cards last year. Rarity doesn't always equal big money. Look at the snowflakes I mentioned as well as the exclusive Platinum product last year that pretty much evyone has forgotten about already.

^agreed.. Only been back in for a couple years. Saw last year's Holiday Mega Chrome Box Update whatever and bit hard. Only to wait ~6 months for any good data and little to no ROI (doesn't just mean $). Cool looking cards but I fell for the gimic. Never again on retail exclusives for me except for specific players. In other news, I pulled a Rusty Kuntz auto from Target and can't stop laughing... Carry on!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Yup, it's yet just an excuse for Topps to release yet another product.

Sorry to sound negative, but Topps does this all the time:
Don't make one product as good as it could be. Leave out some cool looking cards or good players in one product to put in another product instead for people to buy. Topps wants people to buy as many products as possible so they water them all down a bit somehow.

A couple other items to consider:
1. Why does Topps put auto'd star BASE cards and parallels in Finest but not in Topps Chrome?
2. What would happen to pre-rookie autos if every year Topps puts autos on many or almost all BASE cards and parallels in Topps and Topps Chrome?

Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

Here's some of what I got so far ....

[Image: 718BC52A-E66E-4AE2-AFD5-BC43F1812A4D_zpsgvyzi3uj.jpg]
Conforto /99 Meadows /99 & base Hader /250 Romero 250 Renfroe Rookie base black
[Image: 9FC53C3E-8929-4D9D-A997-92EBAD720E37_zpsnh5nijou.jpg]
Torres & Frazier base, mariners pipeline /25 & base, Giants pipeline base
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-12-2017, 12:23 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Here's some of what I got so far ....

[Image: 718BC52A-E66E-4AE2-AFD5-BC43F1812A4D_zpsgvyzi3uj.jpg]
Conforto /99 Meadows /99 & base Hader /250 Romero 250 Renfroe Rookie base black
[Image: 9FC53C3E-8929-4D9D-A997-92EBAD720E37_zpsnh5nijou.jpg]
Torres & Frazier base, mariners pipeline /25 & base, Giants pipeline base
This is what I pulled from last year.
[Image: IMG_1471.jpg]

Those are great looking cards, Doc! I am particularly partial to the Hader, though!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's