Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rickey Henderson RC worth grading?

Rickey Henderson RC worth grading?
hi all,

Would this rookie card be worth grading? I'm not sure how it would do.

thanks,

Tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Rickey Henderson RC worth grading?
If it were me personally, I would just keep it as-is. The only way I'd try to go for grading a Rickey RC is if I think it would get a 9 or greater, and to me it doesn't look like it would achieve that. It is a great looking card though!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

(06-02-2017, 08:37 PM)mouschi3 Wrote: If it were me personally, I would just keep it as-is. The only way I'd try to go for grading a Rickey RC is if I think it would get a 9 or greater, and to me it doesn't look like it would achieve that. It is a great looking card though!
Agreed. Not seeing the card in person, I can't know for sure, but it looks as if the left edge isn't smooth. The bottom corners aren't sharp and its clearly not centered. Right there its enough 'defects' to prevent it from a high grade. Generally speaking, not worth grading for resale if less than a 9. For personal preservation of a card, the grade really doesn't matter. (But assuming you wouldn't be asking if that were the case. Smile )
It's definitely a respectable RC card to own in that condition, and would be welcome into most collections without a thought. Just not worth grading, IMO.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks guys! I have a few other RCs / vintage cards I'll probably take pics of and post on here.